Skip to main content

"This does not say bible study facilitator"

Hey friends!

Pretty simple week for us here in Goldendale, WA. Just a few highlights to share:

We got a factory tour of TLC with Kirstin on Monday and finally found out what this company is and how modular homes even work, it was very cool, now I want one lol, and we know almost everyone there so that was fun:) We had to wear hard hats and safety goggles during the tour cause they're building houses around us, which called for a picture 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout out to Carson! πŸ’₯πŸ“£πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ†He's officially a teenager.. sorry mom :/ good luck

We decided to walk on Thursday, cause it was really nice outside and there were people everywhere and we wanted to talk to them, so we dropped the car and set off on foot. On our way down the street, Sister Glover saw someone sitting at a picnic table across the street, so we turned around to cross so we could talk with her. It was definitely part of the reason we needed to walk that day. She had just gotten out of jail and was waiting for her mom to come get her, and she still had at least an hour to wait. She seemed so stressed and down(which makes sense, I can imagine jail would be stressful,) but we just wanted to help her so much. We talked with her about her life and family and basically whatever and then got around to "yeah, we're missionaries, we share a message" and talked with her a little bit about what we do and her interactions with missionaries in the past. We offered her a Book of Mormon and suggested she use the hour that she had to read some of it. She thanked us for coming to just talk to her and for being kind and the conversation seemed to end, but as I had handed her the Book of Mormon, I thought, now, if I give someone else a Book of Mormon, it'll have to be the one with Carson's testimony in it and I wasn't okay with that, I wanted Kate to have it, so I asked her if I could trade her and gave her Carson's book, she was so grateful, and bud, I know your testimony will help her. :)

We walked more on Saturday and Sunday and it made me miss being in Ephrata where we walked regularly. On Saturday, we walked right up to Glenda, who was standing there like she was expecting us haha, maybe she was, I think she was the reason we needed to walk that afternoon and the reason we felt to park our car where we did. Crazy how God directs every little thing so we can be where He wants us. 

So the other day, we got a referral from some Elders in The Dalles whose mom's cousin's aunt and uncle are in our ward but don't attend church much. They gave us the mom's cousin's number so we could talk to her more about it and we called, and found out that that number is the number for some randoms guys phone app that he uses"when I don't want people to trace my number"... uh.. okay?

This week I've been thinking a lot about how I can be more in tune with God's Spirit and its been cool cause that's something that people we're meeting with wonder too, so I'm able to step into their shoes, and hopefully, I'll find something to share with them, but on Sunday as I was pondering this during sacrament meeting, I thought about whether I do things just to do them, or if my heart is in it as well? Then I heard this quote: "Are we active in the gospel, or are we merely busy in the church?" And I think this applies to more than just church activity. Are we truly invested in the things we're doing, or are we just playing the part? How can we change to be sure that we play an active role in our own lives? It is, after all, your life. The decisions you make are entirely up to you and the relationships you strengthen will either help you or hurt you. What are you doing for your relationship with Christ?

Just some food for thought,

I love you all,
Sister Shuldberg



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin