Skip to main content

I remember laughing, but I don't remember why..

Okay, yes I'm a terrible person, I sent you all those pictures with absolutely no explanation. So get comfortable, here's two weeks worth...

EXPLANATION OF LAST WEEKS PICTURES:
-SUPER bomb ice cream at East Wind Drive-In in Cascade Locks(Oregon, yep its still weird).. and that was the small
-delish tacos from a taco truck(I ate tongue!)
-McKenzie's skunk Bumper. he is their pet, and she snuggles with him. They have 2 skunks, 3 possums, a couple raccoons, and a couple deer, as well as 3 dogs, and a couple cats...
-Car numero uno is Guapo(our car), car numero dos is Gordo(The Dalles elders car). We had to trade for a couple of days and they took Guapo up to Yakima for some work.. its good to have him home
-oh, and Sister Walker eating a cinnamon roll(that McKenzie's dad made) faster than humanly possible

Now for this week :)

Zone Conference on Tuesday, which was phenomenal, like usual. We have another mission meeting in a few weeks and all the departing missionaries have to give a departing testimony.. never thought I'd get here :(

We went and played Bingo again, which is hilarious and so fun. I took a video of Sister Walker calling the numbers, so many people have complimented her on her "good bingo voice". One man told her he could stand to be in the room.. not sure what that means about whoever was the last bingo caller... 

We saw McKenzie again, and she is still AMAZING! She's seriously the cutest. And she's reading up a STORM. She loves learning. And has decided that she's going to have a llama when she's in the Celestial Kingdom. 

We went to visit a woman in the ward last night and pulled up as she was going in after milking her goats(like 6 or 7), so she took us to meet them, and her 6 or 7 horses and her 7 pigs and her ducks and chicken. She asked us if we like eggs.. which, yes, of course, and sent us home with 4 chicken eggs and 2 duck eggs, in a can with what can only be called farm debri on it(I washed my hands VERY thoroughly) she's super cool though, and such a sweetheart, AND we mistakenly knocked on the wrong door the first time and met someone who, when he found out who we are, said "I'd like to talk to you".. uh, OK! he had good dogs too :) 

Sister Walker-- "I made a recliner out of this!"

Then some cool things in Bingen. I like it here. 

Oh, and the food is the pad thai and spring rolls we got last Monday.. soo good.

LAST THING, I promise. On Wednesday, we got a voicemail from some guy whose message we could barely understand and we were freaking out how we were going to call him back cause the phone never registered a call and I hit the number for reply and it told us his number! (#milagros) So we called the other day, and y'all, it was the best phone call I have ever participated in. He told us how he'd gotten our number and how he'd read about the Restoration of the Gospel through Joseph Smith and it touched him, so he kept rereading. He said he has so many questions and asked us how God can love us when we're not with Him, so there's no way for him to know us. I got to teach him a little about the Plan of Salvation and how we lived with God before we came to earth, so he knows us, loves us, and misses us more than anything. As I testified, the Spirit in the car was so strong. It felt like a furnace, it instantly got super toasty, but like the heat was coming from inside me instead of the car heater. It was amazing. I know its true what I told him, that God loves you and knows you inside and out. It's a joy getting to share Him with people.

Go out there and share! Or get to know your Father better yourself.

LOVE YA 
Sis Shuldberg














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Hi Girls!!"

HI Friends! So, no I'm not calling you all girls, ANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! and Sister Zollinger and I spent like 20 minutes trying to imitate how she says "girls" cause she's from the Dominican Republic and it sounds great. That's the way she always greets us :) Love her. Her baptism was absolutely wonderful. the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying, and grinning and ahhh it was so powerful.  Some weird things have happened this week. Tuesday at 12:30AM I woke up and started planning for the day, I woke Sister Zollinger and was so urgent about getting it done until she was like "WE'LL PLAN AT 6:30 WHEN WE USUALLY PLAN". yup. Guess I'm Just too excited about all things missionary. whoops.  Margaret is moved out!! Her new apartment isn't in our area, so we have to give her to another set of missionaries :(, but now she can be baptized!! whoo and we can still go to it, holla. Thanksgiving was grand. We went...