Skip to main content

We're the ukeladies!

*takes deep breath*

Okay so there is a lot to talk about from this week and like 15 minutes to type this out because I am not good at time management and no I haven't learned that on my mission yet, obviously, thank goodness I still have like 7 1/2 months to go so I can learn how to fix that flaw lol. Any way, major events from the week:
Zone Conference was superb! We drove up to Wenatchee for it and it was like an hour drive each way and so we ended up driving 109 miles that day, which is A LOT for us, but its cool it was totally worth it. Sister Jackman talked about earnestly building connections to Heaven(and specifically with each member of the Godhead, which I thought was super cool) we've been able to use that concept over the last couple of days as we've taught and because of the idea that attending church is what builds your connection with the Holy Ghost, WALLS CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!!!!! I literally teared up and could not stop beaming. When Sister Jensen and I first brought up church, he said "that's not going to happen" and when he met with missionaries before us, he never went to church once in 4 months. but he came!! and he loved it!! and he wants to come again!! 

also, another cool thing, we had a FB video chat lesson with Devyn and it was so good, we just read the Book of Mormon with him, but it was cool to see him understand it and to hear his thought s on it. We shared Moroni 7:13 with him about all good things coming form God and he was like "woah, that's trippy" lol. BEST PART: the next day, he messaged us on FB all excited saying that he got his sign from God that the Book of Mormon is true and Sister Wilcox and I legit started screaming in the car. he was so excited and at the same time it was great for us to see how it solidified his commitment to work towards baptism. He knows that this is going to change his life.  

Finally, Peg, cutest lady on this side of the Columbia ;) just warms my heart with all she does and says. She has been so aware of the little changes in her life since reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church. yesterday we talked about Temples at church and she got kinda emotional because she wants to be with Frank for eternity, she picked August 15th for her baptism date because its exactly 6 months after he passed. there was so much love in those 44 years.

*takes breath*
Alrighty! nothing more to add, that I can think of, but hit me up when I get home and there will be plenty of things I never shared, so much good happens in just one week and I love this life 

I love you all!
Sister Shuldberg

pictures...
1. This is Brindle, Ana's new puppy. He tried to eat us during our lesson
2. Check out that tan line! I've been cleared to ease off the brace, and now it looks like I'm wearing a white one..
3. this is Mister Pig, whom we met tracting yesterday. He is a pet pig, house trained just like a cat, has his own room, and he LOVES apricots (we fed him some :))
4. we had a FB video chat lesson with Devyn, and it needed documentation, cause it still feels weird to teach that way. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin