Skip to main content

"We are willing to knock on strangers doors" -the theme of missionary work

Other potential subject lines from this week:

"Let your grammar nazi go nuts over that!" -Sister Walker. Yup, she loves me. 
"I love us". Guys, Sister Walker and I are like a comedic duo. It's so much fun.

It. Has. Been. A week. We've had quite a bit of snow too, which cause some issues with commuting places.. and seeing how our two areas are full of small towns that are in the hills, its caused a kink in our plans (thumbs up). BUT, all is well because leading up to the catastrophic "snowmageddon" as they are calling it, were a ton of Miracles!

Alrighty y'all take a seat, strap in, grab some popcorn. I got lots to share. 

So, Monday night, it snowed a bunch, so we did District Council over FB video chat, which was fun lol, there was a lag, so the hymn singing was WAY OFF, but it was good. We had interviews and since we had to do that over FB too, I FB chatted with Sister Jackman, man I love that lady. She's so much like my mom it's weird. And THEN, we had a Skype lesson with Tyler... so Tyler is the guy who called us last week and we had the awesomest phone conversation right? Well, our lesson was AMAZING. The Spirit was intense. He's so sincere and he really wants to find God. It's incredible.

Fast forward to Wednesday, we found out that Jayden and his dad set Jaydens baptism date for FEBRUARY 23RD!!!!! And they are so excited. His dad bore his testimony last week and it was the sweetest thing on the planet. And on Wednesday, we had a lesson with Keith which was phenomenal. He was so impressed to hear us teach him things that connect with what he believes and things that make sense to him as opposed to how he's felt about a lot of the churches in the area. He really wants to know what's true, and he let me wash my hands in his house after I ate a tangelo, so we're basically BFFs. 

On THURSDAY, we had another lesson with Tyler! We taught him about the Plan if Salvation and he really connected with the way it answers his questions. He was so happy at the end of our lesson, and he wants to go home to Heavenly Father so badly. So has set a goal to be baptized in March! We are so lucky to be  part of this with him. And we love him so much already; the Gospel is going to have the most amazing impact on him. I can't wait.  We were dying after that lesson because feeling the Spurt that strong is mentally and physically exhausting. Like in 1 Nephi 1:7 when Lehi "cast himself upon his bed, being overcome with the Spirit" yeah that is exactly what we wanted to do, so we made snow angels lol. And then that evening, we had  a lesson with Jayden and his dad at the Hays' home, and Brother Hays basically taught Jayden what it means to endure to the end using Fortnight, it was super impressive and a skill I would like to acquire. We learned a ton that day about teaching to the needs and understanding of the people. 

The rest of the week has been mostly snow and our efforts to work despite it. We walked for like an hour in it to get to someone house(usually 15-20 minutes in away) and that one visit including travel wore us out. But we're doing well, and we're safe and warm, even if we can't get down our driveway lol..

These last few weeks have been totally  rollercoastering (is that a word?) With miracles and the mental freak out of having a short time left. I love being a missionary with my whole soul. I love the Gospel and what it does for individuals and families through Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for Joseph Smith and that the priesthood was restored, that we have access to all the blessings Christ offers through it, and that I will be with my family forever. I have loved being able to share that with those who are seeking the same joy and haven't been able to find it, and I'm so grateful that I can do so for another 2 weeks full-time and for the rest of my life. 

I love you all, so much. And I know your Father in Heaven knows you, loves you, and wants to see you again. I am so excited. :)

Sister Shuldberg








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

We're the ukeladies!

*takes deep breath* Okay so there is a lot to talk about from this week and like 15 minutes to type this out because I am not good at time management and no I haven't learned that on my mission yet, obviously, thank goodness I still have like 7 1/2 months to go so I can learn how to fix that flaw lol. Any way, major events from the week: Zone Conference was superb! We drove up to Wenatchee for it and it was like an hour drive each way and so we ended up driving 109 miles that day, which is A LOT for us, but its cool it was totally worth it. Sister Jackman talked about earnestly building connections to Heaven(and specifically with each member of the Godhead, which I thought was super cool) we've been able to use that concept over the last couple of days as we've taught and because of the idea that attending church is what builds your connection with the Holy Ghost, WALLS CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!!!!! I literally teared up and could not stop beaming. When Sister Jensen and