Skip to main content

"This is Sister Shuldberg and Sister Jensen.. er no Sister Wilcox"

Oh, the adjustments that come with a new companion. and you'd think with how many times I've introduced Sister Wilcox to people, I would've known to answer the phone with her name.. guess not

oh well, Hi Friends! (I can't not start my email with that, I'm on a 7 1/2 month roll)

It seriously feels like its been 3 weeks since I emailed last.. and each day has felt like at least 3 days.. does that add up right? 

 Ephrata is lighting up y'all. funny thing about being a missionary, I get crazy excited about fairly minor things. For example, one of those miracles that I got to witness was as we talked to a man named Garrett. He did not seem interested, he actually looked almost amused, but as we continued talking with him and testified of the Book of Mormon, his expression softened. He accepted a copy and said we could come back. I'd never noticed peoples countenance change so clearly, it was cool to witness. 
more miraculous, Debbie brought her boyfriend Stacey to church!!!! and earlier in the week, we'd talked to Debbie about being baptized and she accepted the invitation, but as we sat in Sacrament meeting yesterday, she leaned over to me and said that she'd done the reading we'd asked her to do and she still wants to be baptized. She seriously pondered it and studied it out and shes seeing the importance of having the priesthood in her life. Debbie truly is amazing, and seeing the joy that has blossomed as we've met with her has been a highlight to an already light-filled week. 

It's actually one of my fave things when those who know those we've been teaching tell us how they've changed. Juttas entire family talks all the time about how giggly she is now and how cheerful. Stacey mentioned the joy Debbie has and her coworkers apparently have asked her where she got the drug she's on.. yup lol. 

So my new companion, Sister Wilcox. I know you're all dyin to hear about her. she's from West Point, Utah (super tiny so she says), she the second oldest of 5, she has a twin brother on his mission in Ghana, and she got to talk to him yesterday for Mothers Day too. It was the sweetest thing, she was beaming. She is super driven, and so kind(I upgraded from crutches to a scooter and she carries it up and down any stairs we come in contact with while I hop). and, thankfully just like all my other companions we're the same size (y'all I am so blessed). She is a major inspiration and very impressive, plus, we're fairly similar, so I'm right on track to being just like her. I'll be a combo of all my companions by the time I'm done(yes!).

i just want to end with a quote from a talk in church yesterday. Sister Limb shared this quote from Neal A. Maxwell: "Not shrinking is much more important than surviving". And it kinda hit me. We aren't here to simply get through what is happening or to survive our experiences. don't shrink! don't retreat. If you get pushed back, keep forging. It's the only way you'll get anywhere. I'm doing my best here, and I ask you all to do the same. We met a woman the other day who told us how you get married to help each other get to heaven, but it goes farther than that. We're all here to help one another, we got this. :)

Much Love!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL!
p.p.s one other thing to share. one of Sister Lewis' favorite things to talk about is how we were prepared before we came to earth for the things we now experience. The more I thought about that this week, the more I have realized, that I was prepared for EVERY SINGLE HARD THING AND GOOD THING THAT I AM GOING TO SEE, HEAR, FEEL, LEARN, etc. and I was ready to take it on to receive the blessings that were promised us. Would you participate in a triathlon or a marathon or(imagine something super super hard) if you had the guarantee you were fully prepared and would be able to do it? that's what this life is, a race you've been fully prepared for, go run it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...