Skip to main content

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends!

It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that. 




I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learned from her. I think my favorite thing so far is how real the phrase "Laughter is the best medicine" really is. It's so easy to get frustrated and downtrodden, but She is always so cheerful and laughs at like everything. If she feels like its been too long since we laughed she'll just do something to try to make me laugh. I actually found it a little irritating at first cause I felt like she wasn't taking things seriously, but I've grown to appreciate more and more the ability I have to laugh and the power that has to change my perspective. :D

Another thing I love (but this is also something I hate) is getting to see the Spirit in people's lives. I hate it because so often people won't realize that its the Spirit and it breaks your heart to know the answer, but to also know they need to see it for themselves. (I've gained a lot more respect for parents having to let their kids learn lessons for themselves, sorry if I ever made you feel this way Mom and Dad.. love you!) We saw it a lot this week, and it makes me want to grab them by the shoulders and shake them like "that's the Spirit! don't you get it? come on already!" But, no worries, I am a kind, loving, nonviolent sister missionary. :) 

We had a scripture study with Rose who is so so so giving. she's always giving people whatever she can and praying to know how she can serve anyone and everyone. She's super in tune with the Spirit like all the time and sometimes she'll just give you words of wisdom to think about as a parting gift. when I hugged her goodbye, she looked at me and just said "doubt not, doubt not". It's something I've been trying to work on for the least couple weeks. Kevin J. Worthen and Tad R. Callister both gave amazing talks title "Fear Not" and I keep getting reminded that that's what I need to do. 

So I invite you all to do the same, fear not and laugh a little more. 

Much Love!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. in regards to the subject.. there's a song about the commandments that says that line and as I studied Matthew this week, I came across that part and was reminded that one of the best ways to show God that we love him, is to trust him and doubt not :)

p.p.s. Sister Zollinger and I are writing a rap about the Plan of Salvation, so stay tuned... it may turn into a poem cause we don't really rap...

p.p.p.s. one of the members nonmember husband is an artist and he painted temples for us <3 can you guess which one it is? 

p.p.p.p.s. (I know, I gotta learn to remember what I want to share IN the email) peoples hearts are being softened and the Lord could use all our help in gathering His sheep, so Light their world! It makes yours brighter too :) <3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin