Skip to main content

Who's ready to #LighttheWorld!?!?!

What's crackalackin?

I'll tell you what,...
I got my trunky call this week :( Basically that is when the office missionaries call you because you have 3 months left on your mission and they have to get info for flight plans.. :( I cried; I didn't expect it to come this fast or to be this sad. 

On a happy note, Brad and Amanda are my fave people. We had an amazing lesson with them on Tuesday. We taught Brad about the gospel being restored through Joseph Smith and Amanda pretty much taught like 1/2 of it. She explained to him what the priesthood is and described the First Vision so well. We were so proud :) It has been amazing to see their growth in just the last few weeks and to hear them talk about the changes God has wrought in their lives and how excited they are for more changes. Brad got kind of emotional during our lesson as we talked about why he feels being baptized will be a blessing for him and his family. He talked about Sister McKnight and I and the impact we've had and how we are out here doing the Lords work and he started tearing up! It reminded me how people see us and renewed even more my desire to be the example I'm here to be. 

We spent Thanksgiving with the Packards. Like all of the Packards. Pretty sure there were 40-something people there, so we just faded into the background. Because there were so many people, Sister Packard put out seating assignments... I am Sister Richmond. Since come to Selah, I have also been called Sister Zollinger and Sister Fleming by people who I knew when I was in Terrace Heights, so now Sister McKnight trades off what she calls me each day. The identity crisis is real. But the day was fun, we ate and talked and house-hopped and got to do some service in the morning setting up the Thanksgiving dinner at a temporary homeless shelter and pass out hygiene kits. Basically we just visited. It was as much a receiving service as it was giving for us. :)

We helped Christina and Lacey put up Christmas lights in their front yard, which I loved cause we don't really have the means to decorate our own place. It made it feel like Christmas is upon us. 

Okay, who is excited for Light the World?? I know I am. Its going to be so much fun and you all should jump in with both feet! Go to lighttheworld.org and watch the videos and read the calendars and brainstorm ideas for ways to give as Christ gave. I know service lifts a weary heart. Anytime either of us were having a tough moment, we'd go find a way to forget about ourselves and things felt better. Super simple things too. At the end of Thanksgiving Day, we went to the church for something and I saw a man carrying garbage out to the dumpster and jumped out to help him toss them in. Just that much made a world of a difference. Go out in the world, find someone to serve. 

All the Love,
Sister Shuldberg

Quote of the week:
"Following someones footsteps can only come once you've found your own feet"









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin