Skip to main content

"Hi Girls!!"


HI Friends!


So, no I'm not calling you all girls, ANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! and Sister Zollinger and I spent like 20 minutes trying to imitate how she says "girls" cause she's from the Dominican Republic and it sounds great. That's the way she always greets us :) Love her.

Her baptism was absolutely wonderful. the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying, and grinning and ahhh it was so powerful. 

Some weird things have happened this week. Tuesday at 12:30AM I woke up and started planning for the day, I woke Sister Zollinger and was so urgent about getting it done until she was like "WE'LL PLAN AT 6:30 WHEN WE USUALLY PLAN". yup. Guess I'm Just too excited about all things missionary. whoops. 

Margaret is moved out!! Her new apartment isn't in our area, so we have to give her to another set of missionaries :(, but now she can be baptized!! whoo and we can still go to it, holla.

Thanksgiving was grand. We went to a homeless shelter called Camp Hope and kinda mingled until they needed our help putting out food for their meal. A 6 yr old we met, Divinity, helped us color pictures and she drew Princess Ariel at her 8th birthday party("'cause that's when she can get baptized) and drew sister Zollinger there, but drew me outside in the cold getting eaten by a monster..ouch. It's cool. she also tried to climb me like a tree. It was an interesting morning. We also got to go to Brookdale and paint nails again. those ladies are so wonderful, I'll take a picture before I leave Terrace heights, promise. Dinner was crazy. We ate first at 3 with a bunch of the medical students and their families at the church and foolishly filled our plates and then we went to the Edwards and foolishly filled ourselves pre-dessert. I'm new at this lol. The Edwards daughter Grace absolutely LOVES missionaries so she took our name tags and taught us a lesson about John the Baptist and how Jesus asked John the Baptist to baptize him and "John the Baptist said why and Jesus said" and her dad told her what he said and she repeats it and basically, it was awesome. then she goes"Jesus was baptized and then God said 'this is my beloved son'" it was precious and I loved it.  Children are so insightful, I wish we could take them on lessons with us 'cause it would make such a difference. 

LIGHT THE WORLD IS STARTING. everyone go to mormon.org and watch the main video and then the daily videos starting December 1. They are amazing videos and it's something that we should all be a part of to make the world brighter. It's way cool to use #lighttheworld on doorsteps because even if people didn't want to talk to Mormons(oohh, scary) they'll talk about Christ and how he set an example of service and we can follow that example and set off the domino effect to make the world bright. It works and service is a wonderful way to open people's hearts. I love service. Plus, it's better than knocking on doors all day long lol. 

ANGELA AND BRYAN CAME TO CHURCH! finally. turns out, all it took was bribing Angela with a red felt tip pen. Who knew? we woulda bought a pack of red pens weeks ago. sheesh. But they came and it was like you could see them softening, the Spirit is amazing. they set a date to be married during sacrament meeting and asked Sister Zollinger and I to be her bridesmaids... in 8 years. so, i'm pretty sure I can squeeze it in. 

I've learned so much already and it's amazing how answers to your prayers can come through so much. thoughts just come to mind that give me a new perspective and I feel so much peace and comfort. Heavenly Father LOVES us all so much and so much joy comes from that knowledge and what it motivates you to do. <3 

Much Love,
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. I love members so much, just hearing from a member that I'm doing well makes such a difference. and hearing how missionaries have blessed lives is a major motivator for me. Basically, my life rocks haha

p.p.s. we got to play Laser tag with some kids in our ward, it was a blast.

p.p.p.s. the tall man on the far left is Scott who started everything with Ana, he was the one who told her that her Heavenly Father loves her and he's the reason she requested a book of Mormon online, the reason we were referred to her. he started it, so don't be afraid to open your mouth.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin