Skip to main content

#jesusdidntcheckifihadanappointment #dirtbikesbeerandcarborators

Hi Friends!

It has been A WEEK. We had Zone Conference on Tuesday and that was a RUSH of spiritual insights and answers to prayers. so many notes and goals.  

so tracting is a blast haha. It's been warming up which means we're more motivated to go out and knock on doors, but its just so funny to hear peoples responses. Most of my subject lines come from that. As a district, when we've done our daily hour of tracting, we text in that we've done it and add hashtags about what happened or what we talked about and some of them are just WEIRD. the first one in the subject today is something a man said to us just before getting in his truck and driving off, and the other is because we literally spent 45 minutes in this guys garage talking to him about the Book of Mormon while he took apart a carborator (sp?) and drank like 4 beers. it's chill, we declined when he offered them to us so :) But in all seriousness, tracting is powerful. Getting out and just talking to people and trusting that what you need to say will come to mind, whether its your mind or your companions mind, is pretty miraculous. the hardest part is TRUSTING those promptings and seeing the results. 

This week, we've been blessed to be exactly where we need to be and to know what to say in many instances. We went by an investigators house the other day to see how he was doing with quitting smoking and we really wanted to give him something, but a bag of treats or a card didn't seem fitting. We sat outside his house for a moment or two, pondering our options, and my eye caught on a pair of round, blue-lensed glasses that we'd gotten for free at a yard sale in October that looked like they should belong to John Lennon. winner! We knocked on his door and discovered that he really was not doing well. He was grumpy and lonely and kinda haggard, but we told him we had just wanted to drop by and give him these glasses that had reminded us of him and he was so touched. His countenance changed and he kept looking at them in wonder. He said to us, how did you find these? thank you for these, and the reverence in his voice reminded me that one of my callings in life is to be a blessing to others. that's why I'm here, and that's what I want to do each and every day, however they need it. 

also, guys, PRAYER WORKS. I could spend the next week typing up all the answers to prayers(that I remember) and then some. Pray, it's the best thing there is.

Much Love,
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. It hit 67 on the 2nd!!! can you believe it?? No more coat and soon, no tights, praise the heavens <3

Pictures(cause they in no way relate to the email lol)

1. Douglas and the heart attack
2. best picture we ever did take
3. zone conference pictrues are better cause we all dress cute
4. NOTES
5. moms cute package
6. Valentines party
7. adequate picture, cause cross-eyes are better








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin