Skip to main content

Merry Christmas!

Hi Friends!

Merry Christmas!
I hope all y'all's Christmas went well. It was wonderful getting to spend some fun time with our zone (we had a big breakfast and watched The Prince of Egypt..SO GOOD) and even more so getting to talk to my family. They were way excited(I was too lol) and it felt really good. I was super nervous about it in the days leading up to it because I didn't want it to make me miss home more of distract me, but it was perfect. It was almost like a booster and now I feel better than I have all week. I think I was worrying myself sick about it, so it was almost good to just get it over with. I love them, and I miss them, but I'm here now and that's good too. I was floored at how they've changed in just 3 months, kinda scared to see the change come Mother's Day lol.

The biggest thing for this week was that we had the chance to attend the temple with Ana!! She was baptized and confirmed for her Mom and she told us that she knew her mom was there. She also decided that she's going to get married there, which we encouraged, as long as it's when we can both attend :)

Sister Zollinger and I are getting a little antsy to hear about transfers. We try to speculate, but I know there's no use. I just take comfort knowing that I now have a friend for life. I'm excited to see how our relationship changes when we are no longer companions, because it's sometimes very easy to get frustrated with her when I am with her 24/7. It's turning out to be kind of a good thing, because it's teaching me a little bit of patience and how to love more than anything else. It's actually been really cool to see how focusing on love and others makes me so much more simply happy. It's like my resting mood is more positive, and its a great feeling.

This week has been a lot of learning for me. I was quite humbled actually, by the studying I did in Luke and 3 Nephi all about Christ as well as a some talks that Sister Zollinger and I read together. We have been asked time and time again to leave all and follow Him. But leaving all does not mean you sit there and think about all you've given up and sacrificed. It doesn't mean you do so grudgingly. you give yourself to Him and then nothing that was left behind takes priority over whatever it is that He wants you to do. Because your primary desire is not do His will, and everything else can come later.This week, take a second to see how you are putting something else before Him, and make a plan to change that. I promise your joy will be more full and you'll have the desire to make even more changes to be more like Him. Love you all!

Much Love!
Sister Shuldberg





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin