Skip to main content

"chews the right" -Jaydens baptism gift from his mom(taffy)

I can't even begin to explain this week. We were in Yakima more than Stevenson this week. We came up for exchanges, which were super fun and then spent the night with the sisters and had a big southern zones meeting on Thursday(and fam! I saw Jonathan Lingard!! It was weird calling him Elder.. he's all grown up with a missionary purpose haha can't handle it) It was a party, and THEN we had to come up Saturday because it started snowing Saturday night and its supposed to keep going off and on through Friday night, so Sister Jackman had us come up Saturday and we've been here since then, following the Sisters around and me mentally preparing for my DEATH (crying inside.. but strangely calm on the surface).

BUT, on the days that we were in Stevenson, it was wonderful. We had a final lesson with Jayden and got his jumpsuit for his baptism, he was so excited its the cutest thing.

Then on Friday, after we planned, we did a lot of saying goodbye and THEN, on Saturday, JAYDEN GOT BAPTIZED. It was by far the best baptism that I've ever attended(and that's not just because I taught the best 12-yr-old ever) we had so many people there that we had to move to the chapel, we had a potluck lunch afterward and Greg had a ton of family there, so it was really perfect, and Greg go to baptize his son. Even Jayden's mom came and she was kind of against it before, but the Spirit works wonders man. It was a beautiful day. The perfect way to end my mission, even with running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get it together and pack our stuff to go. 

I'm sad to go, but I know it's my time. I have been so privileged to be here and to teach people, to grow in my testimony. I love this gospel, I love what I've learned and the person I'm becoming because of it. I love these people, they've changed me forever. Here comes the next transfer.

Love ya lots! see you soon!!! 

also, here's the videos I promised last week.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

We're the ukeladies!

*takes deep breath* Okay so there is a lot to talk about from this week and like 15 minutes to type this out because I am not good at time management and no I haven't learned that on my mission yet, obviously, thank goodness I still have like 7 1/2 months to go so I can learn how to fix that flaw lol. Any way, major events from the week: Zone Conference was superb! We drove up to Wenatchee for it and it was like an hour drive each way and so we ended up driving 109 miles that day, which is A LOT for us, but its cool it was totally worth it. Sister Jackman talked about earnestly building connections to Heaven(and specifically with each member of the Godhead, which I thought was super cool) we've been able to use that concept over the last couple of days as we've taught and because of the idea that attending church is what builds your connection with the Holy Ghost, WALLS CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!!!!! I literally teared up and could not stop beaming. When Sister Jensen and