Skip to main content

"Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late." -Brother Baugh

*clears throat* I want to formally apologize for the lack of details and stories in my emails recently, I have slacked, and I solemnly promise to be better. 

We have had such a busy week! Trio, Transfers, teaching and trying not to freeze in the SNOW(love).

Sister Shepherd went home last week, so we went with her and Sister Hatch to the mission home Monday afternoon and then became a trio! which was odd, and super fun! As said trio, we got gas(see pic) wrote in transfer journals, and taught some amazing lessons: one was with the Luke family-the 8 and 10 yr old boys were baptized on September 1(#bestdayever) and so we've been meeting with them semi-regularly and they are so excitable and slightly crazy haha. AS we left, Sophie couldn't stop giggling lol. But the sweetest thing happened like two days later. Caden(8 y/o) hadn't been there when we went over and he was sad that Sister McKnight was leaving, so we went back just so he could tell her bye. Then yesterday during fast and testimony meeting, in his testimony over the pulpit, Cameron equated her coming back to when Jesus Christ appeared to Mary after his Resurrection. I loved it, he's a sweet kid. 

We also saw Christina and Lacey again. They are seriously wonderful, but it's difficult to see them holding themselves back from being blessed beyond belief. Luckily, their hearts are softening. I think that's what life really is: a massive heart softening, because only soft hearts can feel and share the love of Christ. 

and then... Sister Tenney arrived! and we spent our evening being fed by every person we visited with.. ironic because when we picked Sister Tenney up, there was no room for dinner in our schedule.. Tender mercies y'all. 

We got to help out and the stake activity. It was a nativity display and Christmas program called The Perfect Gift.. the program was phenomenal and the nativities incredible too! There were lots of faves, but I had to document this one cause I've never seen a moose one before haha 

Friday we went to a baptism in Wenatchee for a girl Sister Tenney taught... and I wasn't thrilled about going cause it meant we would miss the ward activity that people were bringing their friends to.:/ BUT It turned out really well, and I know that we both needed to be there. there was a lot of heart-softening that occurred within me that night. :)

All in all, it was a learning week. lots of opportunity to learn from others and to learn about myself. Sister Tenney said something today that rang true. the worst of you comes out on your mission, but its good cause the mission is the best place to become better. I'm working on it :)

Love you all!! 
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. is this a more satisfactory email mom? it seems more me ;)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin