Skip to main content

"as the mother of 10 children.." you'll have to watch the women's session of conference to get the reference ;)

Hello hello!

I can't even begin to express the highs and lows of this week. To begin: the pictures included are, in no particular order, my dear sweet nutso companion, the Sunnnyside sign because we had Zone Conference this week!, the sisters at zone conference, sweet Sister Kempt who is leaving for Arizona for the winter, and dear old Don, the grumpy ol' veteran. 

That was probably the saddest part of the week. We've been meeting with him weekly for two months and he loves learning about the gospel, but he's not ready to allow Christ to heal him. The Atonement cannot help him if he doesn't accept it and do the things we've all been commanded to do. And he's not ready to forgive himself yet. He's not ready to feel loved by our Father in Heaven. I cried when we left, simply because he doesn't realize how much this matters. But he still being prepared; God's not done with him, thank goodness He doesn't give up. 

Last week was way tough, but this week started off good, I think I had a wall that needed to be broken down to truly feel and recognize the Spirit again, and it was down. :) The revelation was flowin'. 

Cool thing! On Tuesday we were practicing what we wanted to say to people if we met them in random places and Sister Glover(as the missionary)sat down next to me(the person) and introduced herself and the name that came to mind when I introduced myself was Cassie. No big deal. things went on throughout the day, whatever. THEN, that afternoon we were going to go see if we could catch Cory and instead we met his daughter... wait for it.. Cassie. She was super nice and we talked a lot about God and finding purpose in life. She was visiting Goldendale for a few weeks to find some clarity and we shared the Book of Mormon and how it can provide answers to a lot of questions in our hearts and souls. She was very excited and I know that we were meant to meet her. It was so totally wicked. 

We met with Steve this week! We read the Book of Mormon and it was super spirit filled. Plus, he watched conference Sunday morning and really liked it. He's such a cute old man.

Zone Conference and General Conference were both inspired. It was way cool because some of the topics were things that I had studied throughout this last week. 10/10 would recommend. highly encourage everyone to go check it out. If we already did, watch/listen/read again cause there's still lots to learn from the servants of the Lord.

Okay, Last thing! does anyone remember me telling about Tyler? He called us yesterday!! ahhh. we were thrilled. He told us that some hard thing had been going on over the last couple of weeks and that our conversation 2 weeks ago really helped him. He said he has the Book of Mormon next to his bed and has been praying non stop and he knows meeting us made a difference. and we were about to the point that we didn't think he was going to call. God is in the details. :)

My dear friends, I know this Gospel is the truth. I'm grateful beyond belief that I have been allowed to come be a part of the Lord's work and to grow in ways I probably don't know (hopefully). Don't ever stop growing, it'll only hurt you.

Much Love,
Sister Shuldberg 

p.s to top off the cold weather that's rolling into Goldendale, our power is out lol 👍






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin