Skip to main content

"Jesus is everyone's father" "Oh yeah? Is He your father?" "...No, my dad's over there. His name's Gary."

Helloooo outside world!!

(real quick) my emails have been spazzing a little lately so if you didn't get one or both of my emails from the last two weeks and still want them, lemme know, I gotchu

so, this week. Well, 

We had Zone Conference on Tuesday!!!! Elder Klebingat from the Area Seventy Presidency came and it was so powerful. He is, as Sister Jackman says, "very German" in that he's straightforward and no nonsense most of the time. But I loved it. He is unapologetic about his bluntness and strict in his high standards. I don't even know what to share with you. I filled up 9 pages of notes in my notebook with pure golden insights and inspiration. 

also, HOLY... miracles. A little bit before I got here, the sisters were told about a girl named Kirstin with whom quite of few of the members of the ward work. We had gone by a couple of times with no luck in meeting her until the Saturday before this last one. She was super nice and we got to know her a little bit, but like many do on Saturdays, they had projects left and right, so we said we'd come back another day. Then... this last Tuesday, we texted her and asked if we could come see her and her family for a little bit and she invited us to dinner!! (super good stew) we went, and we ate, and had a grand ol' time. We talked about so much too. At one point, her son came in wanting to do something else, and she said "we're visiting", and I thought, wow, I'm part of the visiting now instead of the one waiting on Mom to quit visiting lol. Movin' up in the world! But it really was amazing. She reminds me of the people that the scriptures talk about who are kept from the truth because they don't know where to find it. and hopefully, we can help her to find out whats true :) I seriously love her.

Friday was my last day as an adolescent!! AAAHHH. So I asked the Elders what reckless thing I could do that was within mission rules(I figured Elders could think of something). The response? brand yourself. Specifically an "s" on my bicep. uh, how bout no? I worry about those kids. 

and Saturday was the big day! we had exchanges! It was super super fun. gifts and fun people and lunch and brownies and the strange feeling that this was the beginning of change. These next 7ish months are going to be majorly influential. Woo-woop! My most favorite gift that I received was 4 copies of the Book of Mormon each with a testimony written inside by mi familia. I was thrilled(plus new clothes<3) Whomever I give those copies to is going to be so blessed by the words inside, printed and handwritten. I'm a little jealous of them, but I'll be okay, I get to actually have the people. I love y'all extra for doing that! 

Okay, last super crazy miracle. 
Just before I got here, an 80-something year old in our ward fell and broke her femur. BUT she is still kickin' like nobodies business. Shes in rehab and sharing the gospel with her nurse! who brought her family to church yesterday!! It was way cool! I'm realizing more and more that the missionaries don't really do anything. We're just conduits for the Spirit to teach people. and those people receive it so much better when they see the blessings their friends have received. 

Basically learning everything :)

I love you random citizen!(s)
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. the subject line is a conversation I had with a 5 y/o named Brantley who was telling us what he knows about Jesus.. haha Kids are my favorite species. 

p.p.s. I am holding a fluffy rooster with invisible eyes

p.p.p.s. we made onion rings!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin