Skip to main content

"She believes in Christ, I believe in Thor" -some man we met tracting

Hey Hey!

Lots to share! bear with me...

So, Tuesday, we as a group decided to enter into a contract to eat better, exercise more consistently, etc. I drew it up and we signed it Wednesday night. Its nuts, but its kind of fun too, the problem is a lot of the exercise parts I am currently unable to participate in :(

On Thursday, we had the SICKEST NIGHT EVER. As part of the contract, we have to drink at least 3 bottles of water each day and we were doing really well, but Thursday is a walking day for us, which makes it difficult to always have a place to use the restroom when needed. At this point in the evening, we were DYING. But we sucked it up and knocked on the door where we had an appointment, but Gilbert wasn't home :( very frustrating, but we decided to knock the doors around his house and then go find a member to beg for access to their facilities. the next door neighbor opened the door, asked if we were the Mormons and invited us right in! she told us that we had come at the perfect time because that day she had been talking to her friend at work about how she could get a Book of Mormon because hers was packed away from moving. She said that she needed more of God in her life and she believed we could help her get that. She feels that this is "150% right" and shes amazing. When we left (after Glenda, miracle that she is, let us use her bathroom) we saw Gilbert was home, so we went and had a fantastic lesson with him and invited him to be baptized on July 7th! AHHH, so exciting! He is so sincere and has the strongest desire I've seen to be a Christlike person each day. 

Also, on Saturday we were tracting and we knocked on this one door and the lady kept shouting "come in!", but we wanted her to know who she was inviting in, so we opened the door so she could see and her dog kept running towards us trying to get out, so we were trying to keep him in and talk to her. Well, we got caught up in the conversation and he ran out and she was like, don't let him go too far, and we turned to look and he's down the street making friends, so we're like "oh hes just right here", and I back away(on my scooter mind you,) to chase him down, and he keeps running, so I'm zooming down the street on my scooter to catch him and I finally go to pick him up and he starts peeing, uh nope. So I wait, and finally snatch him and hold him with one arm while I scooter back like a knight in a floral dress, I felt very accomplished having saved the puppy from certain doom. 

I love this gospel, I love being a missionary, and I love the changes that I've been privileged to see in so many people all around me. and I love Jesus Christ, I've truly felt that He has become my best friend and that He is with me each and every day. He knows us, He loves us, and He walks with us.  

I love you all!!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. freaking out, cause I hit my halfway mark this week... its strange
p.p.s. For the next 9 months, I've decided I'm going to work on a Christlike attribute each month. It's only been a few days and I've already seen a radical difference. I invite each of you to consider a way you can be more like Christ and give it a shot, it'll invite His spirit more into your life and bring more fulfilling and lasting joy.

Pictures:

1. here's the sunset I promised last week and failed to come through with
2. for part of our contract we have to do burpees before breakfast, so I document the sisters, because I am currently unable.
3. these are the Murrays and this is what dinner at their house looks like
4.&5. the contract
6. Ephrata's favorite missionaries










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin