Skip to main content

"Life's greatest secret is the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost"- P. Lew

HI All!!

Happy Fathers Day!

I'm going to try to keep this as clear as possible, but SO MUCH HAPPENED. It feels like its been a month.

mini Miracle first:

I felt useful! me and my scooter have a tendency to take up extra space, which is no fun, but on Tuesday, the elders were going to give a priesthood blessing to one of the other sisters friends and there were no chairs, so I provided my scooter to be sat upon. Blessing! It was cool to be able to help in an unforeseen way.

also, funny story: y'know in movies sometimes when the character is having The WORST Day Ever? and then a car drives past and douses them with muddy street water cause it conveniently just rained? That happened to Sister Wilcox this week, and we laughed and laughed and laughed. Her shoes were SOAKED. It was a good time haha. 

We met Bessy and Brandon this week, it. was. Totally. Wicked! (sad cause I have to wait to see Incredibles 2) They were the first door we knocked on and they invited us in and we taught about the Restoration of the Gospel. They were so invested and are now preparing for baptism in August!! It was a total miracle. Their family all wants to come to church too and they are THE BEST! Then yesterday we went back cause we hadn't been able to get ahold of them. We knocked, knocked, knocked, and no answer, but there were men around the side of the house on the driveway. We tried them, they only spoke Spanish, but with our limited Espanol, we were able to ask for them to get Bessy or Brandon. They came out and Brandon told us that he had read the pamphlet we gave him and had prayed about it! He said it was kind of different, but we were just excited that he'd done it. We watched the 20 minute Restoration Video with them, and when it was over Brandon says "That was beautiful!!" and that it made him feel like God is real and Bessy told us it gave her chills when the light came down. The Spirit was so strong. They both said a prayer during the lesson, and Brandon, in his, asked if Joseph was true :) they want to come to church, and so do their parents and so we're going to pass them off to the Spanish elders soon. And all because Sister Wilcox prayed to find a family and then we went out and found. Blessin's on Blessin's.

The rest of this week was phenomenal, in that I just felt the way I had always imagined a missionary would feel since I was little. Those are the little tender mercies that testify to me that God is real, He is loving, and He knows ME. He's more than just a God, he's our Father. 

All in all, this week was MIRACULOUS. As I was studying this morning, I read Ether 12:16: "Yea, and even all they who wrought miracles wrought them by faith, even those who were before Christ and all those who were after." and then verse 18: "And neither at any time hath any wrought miracles until after their faith; wherefore they first believed in the Son of God." It was simultaneously a reminder to continue to strengthen and nourish the faith we have and to show the evidence of our faith growing, i.e. the miracles that are wrought among us. 

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Sister Shuldberg

p.s. the subject line is a quote from President Lewis that may or may not be a new motto for me. He's so smart :')
1. Scarlet has a cute little nametag too
2. Stroopwaffles!!
3. I fell while hopping and smashed in a shed door..whoops
4. T.J. Barnes, coolest kid on the block. He shouted "YES!" when we asked if he wanted to be baptized 
5. the Mandevilles







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin