Skip to main content

"we don't want to break into our car..."



Hi Friends! 

So, I'll start with the funny story. on Thursday we had to go back the apartment to grab a Book of Mormon Lelani had given us to write our testimonies in and as we were leaving, I locked the handle, like we always do and closed the door. Sister Jensen looked at me and asked if I had a key to the apartment, which I had the spare in my bag. Turns out she meant the car key, which was attached to the apartment key, which had been left inside. and my copy of the apartment key, along with our phone, etc were all locked in the car. We tried to card the door, but unluckily, our apartment isn't very easy to break into haha. So we prayed(which is where the quote comes from, Sister Jensen couldn't keep it together after that) WE called the sisters we live with on our neighbors phone after calling the mission office to get the number, left a voicemail, and walked to our appointment. I'd left my coat in the car too, so it got cold pretty quick, but after seeing Jeanne, we walked to the Ward Mission Leaders house and his son let us use their home phone to call the sisters again and they were unilocking the door, so all is good. No break-ins occurred, and I am warm again. :)

Also, this week, Jutta committed to be baptized April 7! She's going through a lot right now though with a divorce, breast cancer, and only being a year in recovery from a heart transplant. yup, you read that right, so she might need a miracle. Love her to pieces, she prays in German :) Also, her son lost his python in the house somewhere so pray for Sister Jensen too, shes terrified it'll show up in her bag.

Besides that, something that I thought was really cool happened on Sunday. The Sunday before yesterday, we'd gone to visit the Benson's, a less active family who our ward mission leader home teaches and he'd asked us to stop by. We called and asked if we could come for a little bit and said we were close(we were sitting down the street in our car haha) so we'd be there soon. they were playing dominoes as a family, and neither of us had met them so we sat and got to know them all a little bit and we shared 1 Nephi 11:17 with them and talked about how in hard times, we can come back to the simple truth that Heavenly Father loves us. We invited them to share that or another simple truth with someone the next week and then we left, with food in hand, thank you Sister Benson. The cool part is that when we called yesterday to follow up with them, she told us how that scripture(which had just been the first scripture to pop into my head) had really touched her daughter who had just broken up with her boyfriend and was going through a couple other things in life and she'd even called her mom later in the week to ask what the reference was 'cause she couldn't find it. Apparently, it was something she really needed to hear and Sister Benson thanked us for coming and "for following whatever Spirit told [us] to come".  

I was really grateful for that phone call and that Brother Dutcher suggested we go by. It's not that often that you get to find out the impact something you do makes in another persons life, and I think I really needed that too, so tender mercies all around. :)

I love you all! I'm praying for you too.
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. read Alma 5, just do it. 
p.p.s. I got to play piano at little Avrie Perez's baptism and Sister Jensen spoke, and now, we've been asked to both speak at another 8-year-olds baptism. What is this?
p.p.p.s pictures to come separately 'cause this machine is having a breakdown or something













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin