Skip to main content

Is Vitamin D Milk the same as Whole Milk?

Hi Friends!

So, we just found out we're getting smartphones in April, so that's weird, I currently have an LG flip phone, quite the difference. We're all still deciding how we feel about it, there's pros and cons to everything, but it'll be good :)

It's been a good week. I'm learning more and more to judge the quality of my week by effort instead of perceived success. I want to be able to end every day by saying "I gave my all, I did everything I could, and put my heart and soul into it.". There's contentment in knowing its out of my hands. Doesn't sound like me does it? Yeah, it's weirding me out a little bit. 

In other news, related to the subject line, we delivered some milk the other day. Lelani is a less active member we've been trying to see, and we reached out to her on Saturday to invite her to a ward activity and found out she has the measles.. yeah. So we were like, uh, let us know if there's anything we can do for you, or bring you.. and she needed Whole Milk! Well, we just happened to have a full, unopened gallon of WHOLE MILK, so I got really excited since people don't usually tell us things we can do when we ask like that. So we start to head over(keep in mind, we're walking, in the cold, with major wind, and a gallon of refreshing, fresh-from-the-fridge milk) when we discover its Vitamin D milk, not Whole Milk... We don't know the difference, or lack of, so we call like three different people trying to find out if that's acceptable in the place of whole milk. It was a very stressful walk. But she accepted the milk and we got to visit with her, it was grand. :) Below are selfies of our milk delivering adventure. As well as the district, and Pday funtime :D

It's been really cool this week, as I've tried to focus more on doing all I can do, I've developed more love for the people around me and for each aspect of missionary work. 

Always Learning, Still New...
Much Love!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. gonna be totally fit if I stay in a walking area for a while, we've got hills on hills, and the wind makes you work harder haha 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin