Skip to main content

He is a God of Miracles




Hi Friends!

So.... Sister Zollinger is being transferred to Wenatchee, like forever away. going to miss her so much, but Terrace Heights is seriously on fire. 

We saw so many miracles this week! The other day, Sister Zollinger remembered how President Lewis once said to ask Less Actives if we could practice lessons on them because lots of times they don't feel like they need lessons but its a way to help them feel the Spirit, so we figured we'd give it a shot. IT TOTALLY WORKED. We taught the Plan of Salvation to a less active elderly couple who hadn't been to church in a few years and halfway through the lesson, Sister Weldon was crying so hard that she couldn't read the scripture we gave her. It was so powerful to see the change in their countenance as we talked and afterward (and since) Brother Weldon has thanked us profusely for coming over. Its a really good feeling to be able to see people open their hearts to the Spirit. We also "practiced" the Gospel of Jesus Christ on Virginia, who is also a Less Active and she hasn't even stepped foot in a church since 1997. When we asked her to come to church, she told us that since we'd been coming over she was seeing what she'd been missing and knew she needed to come back, regardless of how her husband feels (he's not a member). She came to church yesterday at 8:30, and was there early, and stayed the entire time. She was so glad to be there and there was a major change in her since the week before. so grateful to President for the suggestion and that sister Zollinger was listening. 

In connection with that, this week, I've been studying a lot about how god is unchanging and if he was a God of miracles then, why can't he be a God of Miracles now?. I testify that Heavenly Father is a God of Miracles. We saw so many this week, and more are coming. we can expect miracles according to our faith and its crazy to see that actually happening when you open your eyes to it.

In other news, we did a lot of walking this week, which was totally rough, but it was a grand ol' time and being physically exhausted by the end of day really makes you feel like you did a lot.  

I feel that I've grown a lot this week, and the best part is, even though I know there's so much farther to go, I feel ready to work at it because of those on my side :) 

Okay, well, I thought I had more to share, but nothing else is coming to mind, so..

I love you all!
Sister Shuldberg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin