Skip to main content

Timehop: "One year ago today.."

Y'know how Facebook asks if you want to see memories from one year go or five years ago etc? well, as of Thursday, all my 'one years ago's will include a missionary name tag. Can you believe it? You'd think a year would be more noticeable, but I'm still chatty and loud and scatter brained and quirky(don't think 12 years could take some of that outta me), but I read this talk and it was very fitting to the week: "Several years ago I met one of our sons in the mission field in a distant part of the world. He had been there for a year. His first question was this: "Dad, what can I do to grow spiritually? I have tried so hard to grow spiritually and I just haven't made any progress." That was his perception: to me it was otherwise. I could hardly believe the growth that he had gained in just one year. He "knew it not" for it had come as growth, not as a startling experience."

Pretty cool huh? yes, I know. 

Our week was full of invitations to church and mini miracles that showed how important it is for all of us to be in tune with the Spirit. A couple of times, we went by someone and caught them at just the right time, or something had just happened and we arrived. I love being an instrument in the Lord's Hands. 

Big Miracle! Kaya AND Jaeden are going to the Temple with the youth on Saturday, and because Kaya is going(it's her first time)..... WE GET TO GO TOO! Holla. 

Stay tuned for a week of miracles next week, it's gonna be so good :)

Love y'all lots!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. these pictures need explanations
1. Sister Glover saw an excessive amount of plums on someones tree, so we left this note on their door.
2. The next day, he called, so we picked some of their plums
3&4. Brother Wagner had just gotten home from fishing when we arrived for dinner, so he taught us how to gut a fish
5. put our quilting skillz to work at a RS activity
6. its finally fall *heart eyes*
7. "she sent me HOME" -Sister Glover when her mom sent some fruit from their trees.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin