Skip to main content

"You're turning into Elphaba"

Hi Friends! Happy Holy Week!

so, I'm a little disappointed in y'all, no one even questioned what my subject line was about, thanks for caring haha. I sprained my ankle last Monday. Thought it was broken originally, but I can walk on it, so that means its okay...right? No, we're good. We were playing missionary ball and I was getting a little aggressive, *insert church ball flashbacks*, and jumped to try to get the rebound before an Elder could grab it (said Elder is 6 foot something and a brick wall. I should've known that my 5'4" frame can't take him, but..oh well). After my unsuccessful attempt to steal the ball, I landed on my foot and rolled my ankle BAD, heard a snap and a crackle, thankfully no pop(heh heh). I can walk on it, carefully, but I was on crutches at the beginning of the week and I do a lot of limping. and yes, Sister Jensen has made all the jokes, the crowd favorite was when she referred to me as Nemo for a day and the song she made up that begins with "I see my companion limping, with her crutch on her right arm.." to the tune of Love is Spoken Here. 'twas a good one.

Jutta is still working toward baptism and confirmation the first weekend in April. She's truly inspirational. We made a calendar of all the lessons we still need to do before her big day and she researches them beforehand and asks her friend Peter all the questions that she has, so we basically just review what she understands about it. She's preparing herself while we watch practically. But its amazing to see her testimony grow and to watch her light up as she talks about the ways she's been blessed and the importance of the gospel, I'm so fortunate to witness it. 

Erika is another blessing. She still isn't ready to be baptised, but we taught her about tithing and she is so eager to pay it. She and Jim fasted last Sunday and loved it too, gah there are so many wonderful people here, with so much faith and I'd never know them without this amazing gospel and the work we're doing.

We found a talk that our Mission President gave at a BYU Devotional in March of 2003 entitled "The Thoughts of our Hearts or Why Do We Do What We Do?" and I invite you all to take a moment to consider why you do the things that you do. Better yet, read the talk. It's something I've been focusing on this last week: why I do all that I do. Why do I get up at 6:30? Why do I stay with my companion at all times? Why do I knock on doors? Why am I here in Washington at all? Not because I'm doubting, but because as you come to understand the motivations for the things you do, you can better focus your efforts and better align your actions with the will of our Father, which is the exact path that will bring the most peace, contentment, joy, and love into your life. I've seen it transform others, and I can feel it transforming me, gradually. :) 

Oh! I totally forgot! We found out about transfers a couple days ago....Sister Jensen and I are stuck here in good ol' Ephrata for another 6, lucky us. stay tuned for more.. 

Much Love!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. don't forget about General Conference! 10-12 MST and 1-3 MST on lds.org or BYUtv. It's gonna be phenomenal! Happy Easter!
p.p.s. I saw kittens be born at Lelani's(a member in our ward) They were tiny!!!






This is Paige Murray. She asked us to speak at her baptism(so cute)






Lelani's 5 yr old Eli..her three youngest are OBSESSED with cameras lol










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for

"I will go, I will do, the things THE LORD COMMANDS!!"

Hi Friends!    So Mission time is so totally warped. The days feel super long and the weeks seem to go by quick-ish, but come Pday I feel like I have no memory of anything that happened that week. And every day ends in a similar way so I have no way of knowing what day it is. Basically my perception of time passing no longer works. It's cool.     We had a Trunk-or-Treat on Wednesday and there was this family all dressed up as Harry Potter characters (Carson, you woulda LOVED it) I took a picture but it's kinda blurry. the mom was Professor Trelawny(sp?), the dad was Professor Snape, and then they had Hermione, Harry, Ron, and their little girl was Dobby.     Margaret is doing super well. We still don't know if she's moving out or no, so that's concerning, especially as we get closer o her baptismal date, but she's super diligent and is being a member missionary before she is even a member. She reads the Book of Mormon to her mom and is trying to get he

"Are you eating the Bible I gave you?!?" -Ally to baby sister Emma

Hello one and all!  Jersey came to church yesterday! :) She is a girl we met a couple weeks ago after reaching out to the missionaries who were here last year and they'd mentioned her parents. When we met her, she asked if we could come read the Bible with her because "I need church". Of course, we agreed. She came for choir practice beforehand and stayed the whole time. Her first Sunday, she was there for over 4 hours, and she loved every bit of it :) and they loved her :)  We also got to do some community-lighting this week! If you aren't friends with me on Facebook.. shame on you, but it's okay, I will share. Selah has a couple places around that have apples with the word Selah in them(probably because Washington apples, and because Treetop is located here) so we went in to City Hall Tuesday morning and asked the mayor if she would be okay with us adding something to the one just outside the building, she said yes :) She also asked me to tell the man walkin