Skip to main content

"unicorns and caticorns and mermicorns" -Laila

Hello world!

Quick rundown of our week(cause time is hecka limited)

So, we didn't go ANYWHERE Monday through Friday(except when the RS president cam e and took us to go grocery shopping). Why? Our car was dead as a doornail AND the snow was much too much. But, we talked to lots of people through technology(blessed) and Sister Walker made her first snowman AND went sledding for the first time(we had to trek down to the mailbox to mail a letter). 

We had virtual district council again, which was fun and even did a virtual roleplay, very weird. 

The Zone Leaders sent us a song on Thursday cause I was havin a cabin fever freakout (thumbs up) it was sweet, and it motivated our FB post, spreadin the love. 

On Saturday, we experienced FREEDOM anew. The world is beautiful, especially through a car window driving away from our home-turned-prison. It was a glorious day and we went up to Goldendale that evening for Steve's baptism! Those of you who are dedicated fans may remember Steve from back in September/October. For any newbies out there Sister Glover and I met Steve tracting in Goldendale and taught him until we were sent elsewhere. He was baptized and asked me to speak at his baptism which was a total blessing. In fact, it was an utter miracle that we even got to go with all the snow and wetness. He is so great :) I got a little teary-eyed during my talk and after he said "that was pretty cool how you got emotional" lol, you're welcome that my face leaks a lot. 

Lacey and Laila are a mom and daughter we are teaching and they are planning to get baptized on March 23rd. We had a lesson with them this morning and told Laila that next Sunday is my last Sunday and she got kinda sad (my heart) and asked if I would still come visit and make cookies with her when I'm done. Shes the cutest, goofiest 8-year-old and she loves unicorns and slime. 

Yesterday was my last Sunday attending the White Salmon ward and Brother Bischoff(from Goldendale) was there as the high council speaker so he called me up to bear my testimony. I talked about you Carson ;) how you ALWAYS bear your testimony, and how I've become that way since my mission. Testimonies are a blessing, cherish them, share them. I'm grateful for mine. 

One more week everyone!! Here's to the best week yet!
Love ya! Make good choices!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. Stay tuned for pictures and the funniest videos you've ever seen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends! It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that.  I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learne...