Skip to main content

"We are willing to knock on strangers doors" -the theme of missionary work

Other potential subject lines from this week:

"Let your grammar nazi go nuts over that!" -Sister Walker. Yup, she loves me. 
"I love us". Guys, Sister Walker and I are like a comedic duo. It's so much fun.

It. Has. Been. A week. We've had quite a bit of snow too, which cause some issues with commuting places.. and seeing how our two areas are full of small towns that are in the hills, its caused a kink in our plans (thumbs up). BUT, all is well because leading up to the catastrophic "snowmageddon" as they are calling it, were a ton of Miracles!

Alrighty y'all take a seat, strap in, grab some popcorn. I got lots to share. 

So, Monday night, it snowed a bunch, so we did District Council over FB video chat, which was fun lol, there was a lag, so the hymn singing was WAY OFF, but it was good. We had interviews and since we had to do that over FB too, I FB chatted with Sister Jackman, man I love that lady. She's so much like my mom it's weird. And THEN, we had a Skype lesson with Tyler... so Tyler is the guy who called us last week and we had the awesomest phone conversation right? Well, our lesson was AMAZING. The Spirit was intense. He's so sincere and he really wants to find God. It's incredible.

Fast forward to Wednesday, we found out that Jayden and his dad set Jaydens baptism date for FEBRUARY 23RD!!!!! And they are so excited. His dad bore his testimony last week and it was the sweetest thing on the planet. And on Wednesday, we had a lesson with Keith which was phenomenal. He was so impressed to hear us teach him things that connect with what he believes and things that make sense to him as opposed to how he's felt about a lot of the churches in the area. He really wants to know what's true, and he let me wash my hands in his house after I ate a tangelo, so we're basically BFFs. 

On THURSDAY, we had another lesson with Tyler! We taught him about the Plan if Salvation and he really connected with the way it answers his questions. He was so happy at the end of our lesson, and he wants to go home to Heavenly Father so badly. So has set a goal to be baptized in March! We are so lucky to be  part of this with him. And we love him so much already; the Gospel is going to have the most amazing impact on him. I can't wait.  We were dying after that lesson because feeling the Spurt that strong is mentally and physically exhausting. Like in 1 Nephi 1:7 when Lehi "cast himself upon his bed, being overcome with the Spirit" yeah that is exactly what we wanted to do, so we made snow angels lol. And then that evening, we had  a lesson with Jayden and his dad at the Hays' home, and Brother Hays basically taught Jayden what it means to endure to the end using Fortnight, it was super impressive and a skill I would like to acquire. We learned a ton that day about teaching to the needs and understanding of the people. 

The rest of the week has been mostly snow and our efforts to work despite it. We walked for like an hour in it to get to someone house(usually 15-20 minutes in away) and that one visit including travel wore us out. But we're doing well, and we're safe and warm, even if we can't get down our driveway lol..

These last few weeks have been totally  rollercoastering (is that a word?) With miracles and the mental freak out of having a short time left. I love being a missionary with my whole soul. I love the Gospel and what it does for individuals and families through Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for Joseph Smith and that the priesthood was restored, that we have access to all the blessings Christ offers through it, and that I will be with my family forever. I have loved being able to share that with those who are seeking the same joy and haven't been able to find it, and I'm so grateful that I can do so for another 2 weeks full-time and for the rest of my life. 

I love you all, so much. And I know your Father in Heaven knows you, loves you, and wants to see you again. I am so excited. :)

Sister Shuldberg








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Hi Girls!!"

HI Friends! So, no I'm not calling you all girls, ANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! and Sister Zollinger and I spent like 20 minutes trying to imitate how she says "girls" cause she's from the Dominican Republic and it sounds great. That's the way she always greets us :) Love her. Her baptism was absolutely wonderful. the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying, and grinning and ahhh it was so powerful.  Some weird things have happened this week. Tuesday at 12:30AM I woke up and started planning for the day, I woke Sister Zollinger and was so urgent about getting it done until she was like "WE'LL PLAN AT 6:30 WHEN WE USUALLY PLAN". yup. Guess I'm Just too excited about all things missionary. whoops.  Margaret is moved out!! Her new apartment isn't in our area, so we have to give her to another set of missionaries :(, but now she can be baptized!! whoo and we can still go to it, holla. Thanksgiving was grand. We went...