Skip to main content

"I'm living off the land! I'm gonna eat a tree!" -Sister Walker

She's 5 foot 7. She's 96 K of pure hilarity. She's bold and bears powerful testimony. Introducing... my new companion, Pedal to the Metal, Speed Racer, Sister Walker!!!! (we're having a ton of fun together)

I don't really know how to describe/react to the last week. It was kinda nuts trying to get everything in order to both leave an area(and we had a third sister with us cause Sister Goings companion went home and her new companion wasn't here yet). Then arriving in Stevenson/White Salmon was nuts times a million because our entire area involves 23 small towns(we counted) and we just ran out of miles yesterday (lol *crying*). Nah, we good. 

On Thursday, after getting lost and turned around twenty times on Wednesday, we made our way, mostly late, to Hawks Ridge, where we played bean bag toss with some elderly women there (LOVE) I'll be sure to get a picture this Thursday. We have been meeting a ton of wonderful people(who knew you could find such gems in the wilderness?) and we had an amazing lesson with McKenzie. she's 9 and she is so sweet and so smart! We were trying to conserve our miles and so we parked and walked around the area then got back to the car and drove up the hill to her house where we knocked on an empty house until her brother came out to tell us we were knocking on the wrong door lol. She is amazing though and she so badly wants to know if the Book of Mormon is true, she's excited to get an answer from God, and she's a little jealous that God appeared to Joseph Smith haha.

I probably lost some of my mind in the trees and snow, but I've been filled with gratitude this week. I love being a missionary. I love the people I've worked with, and the Sisters I've served with. And a week ago, I didn't feel ready to go home, but if you asked me today, I would say, I'm gonna make the most of my 5 weeks, because I feel that the Lord is preparing me every day for what is next and I'm supposed to end my time here in this beautiful Columbia Gorge. Thank goodness too cause I don't need the stress of not being ready. I'm excited for what's coming(over the next 5 weeks and beyond). 

Love ya!
Bye
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. I started My Plan this week..(its like a reverse MTC to prepare you for going home AAAHHH) dying is stressful..
p.p.s. did y'all know that when you cross a stateline, Google Maps says "Welcome to (insert state here)"? I thought it was great :)
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends! It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that.  I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learne...