Skip to main content

"Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late." -Brother Baugh

*clears throat* I want to formally apologize for the lack of details and stories in my emails recently, I have slacked, and I solemnly promise to be better. 

We have had such a busy week! Trio, Transfers, teaching and trying not to freeze in the SNOW(love).

Sister Shepherd went home last week, so we went with her and Sister Hatch to the mission home Monday afternoon and then became a trio! which was odd, and super fun! As said trio, we got gas(see pic) wrote in transfer journals, and taught some amazing lessons: one was with the Luke family-the 8 and 10 yr old boys were baptized on September 1(#bestdayever) and so we've been meeting with them semi-regularly and they are so excitable and slightly crazy haha. AS we left, Sophie couldn't stop giggling lol. But the sweetest thing happened like two days later. Caden(8 y/o) hadn't been there when we went over and he was sad that Sister McKnight was leaving, so we went back just so he could tell her bye. Then yesterday during fast and testimony meeting, in his testimony over the pulpit, Cameron equated her coming back to when Jesus Christ appeared to Mary after his Resurrection. I loved it, he's a sweet kid. 

We also saw Christina and Lacey again. They are seriously wonderful, but it's difficult to see them holding themselves back from being blessed beyond belief. Luckily, their hearts are softening. I think that's what life really is: a massive heart softening, because only soft hearts can feel and share the love of Christ. 

and then... Sister Tenney arrived! and we spent our evening being fed by every person we visited with.. ironic because when we picked Sister Tenney up, there was no room for dinner in our schedule.. Tender mercies y'all. 

We got to help out and the stake activity. It was a nativity display and Christmas program called The Perfect Gift.. the program was phenomenal and the nativities incredible too! There were lots of faves, but I had to document this one cause I've never seen a moose one before haha 

Friday we went to a baptism in Wenatchee for a girl Sister Tenney taught... and I wasn't thrilled about going cause it meant we would miss the ward activity that people were bringing their friends to.:/ BUT It turned out really well, and I know that we both needed to be there. there was a lot of heart-softening that occurred within me that night. :)

All in all, it was a learning week. lots of opportunity to learn from others and to learn about myself. Sister Tenney said something today that rang true. the worst of you comes out on your mission, but its good cause the mission is the best place to become better. I'm working on it :)

Love you all!! 
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. is this a more satisfactory email mom? it seems more me ;)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Hi Girls!!"

HI Friends! So, no I'm not calling you all girls, ANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! and Sister Zollinger and I spent like 20 minutes trying to imitate how she says "girls" cause she's from the Dominican Republic and it sounds great. That's the way she always greets us :) Love her. Her baptism was absolutely wonderful. the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying, and grinning and ahhh it was so powerful.  Some weird things have happened this week. Tuesday at 12:30AM I woke up and started planning for the day, I woke Sister Zollinger and was so urgent about getting it done until she was like "WE'LL PLAN AT 6:30 WHEN WE USUALLY PLAN". yup. Guess I'm Just too excited about all things missionary. whoops.  Margaret is moved out!! Her new apartment isn't in our area, so we have to give her to another set of missionaries :(, but now she can be baptized!! whoo and we can still go to it, holla. Thanksgiving was grand. We went...

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...