Skip to main content

"I'm moving to Selah" -Ana

Hello All!
Not a ton to share, but on Tuesday, we Skyped home! Which was wonderful and weird. Some pictures have been included of Dex trying to take all the screen time haha. I do also have pictures of Bailee and Spencer showing off their double chins, but I think I'll save those for blackmail ;)

It's been a tough week. I've mentally done a lot of comparing and have felt like a total failure. We haven't been able to find many people who want to even talk to us either. BUT its required me to put all of my faith in the Lord and its opening my eyes to even the slightest prompting and the tiniest miracle, so it hasn't been a waste, just different lessons to be learned. 

Selah keeps trying to snow and it'll go just enough to get about an inch on the ground and then give up.. keep hoping we'll have a massive snowstorm or something 1. so I can wear my snow boots and 2. because they need moisture in the mountains or they'll have no water come summer.. we shall see 🤞

BUT, wanna hear a straight up miracle? I saw ANA!! On Sunday, she was getting her temple recommend and so she came to our building and she squealed and came straight in for a hug when she saw me. It was a total tender mercy and immediately I was reminded of what I had said to Sister Zollinger when we were initially teaching her: "if no else I teach gets baptized on my mission, that's okay, cause we helped Ana" (not an exact quote). It gave me a better perspective after a week of rejection. God knows us. 

Love y'all! 
Sister Shuldberg





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends! It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that.  I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learne...