Skip to main content

"that's how many sisters tried to get you here" -Brother Martinez

Meerrrrryyyy Christmas!! 

It snowed this morning, so I think its fitting :) 

Y'know, I think this was the best week of my mission so far. Quite a bold statement, I know, but there have been miracles witnessed, revelation received, and peace each day. I've been able to see more and more the reasons why God has placed certain people where they are(i.e. me in Selah particularly with Sister McKnight, various people in their respective callings, etc.). Our zone has been doing a Zone "fast" of sorts where we make marginal changes in our obedience and its meant to help us to refocus more intentionally on our purpose as representatives of Jesus Christ Well, it has worked, I have felt so much more focused and there has been more clarity in my mind, even with the dreary weather. The Spirit has been more prevalent and I've been more receptive to inspiration throughout the day each day. It's something I plan to hold onto, because peace and hope come easier now and I'm able to better think of others as well. Basically, it is everything. 

Fun story: Saturday was Josephs baptism right? well, we had a bit of an adventure. Remember when our car died last week? It died again Saturday morning at the church, Brother Darling(new WML) came and saved us and we went home, all was well...so we thought. When we left the apartment a bit later, the car was dead again :( Miraculously, the Juarez's were just heading out too so they jumped our car and we called the mission office to find out what we should do, since its not really our car to ruin. Elder Pendlebury says take it to Les Schwab. That would be great, except we told the sisters that we'd go to the church and finish filling the baptismal font an hour before the baptism AKA right then. We drive to Les Schwab, and in my fear of turning the car off and having it DIE again, Sister McKnight ran in and told Josh the gist, he tells her there are 9 people ahead of us and we'll probably have to leave it over the weekend.. like until Tuesday... not cool Josh. So we leave, and go turn on the water and leave the car on and keep checking it periodically until the other sisters got there to watch the font. We book it over to Les Schwab and stand in line for 12 years to have Cody(fave Les Schwab employee) tell us they can get the battery change and a tire rotation done before they close <3. We leave it in his hands and Christina comes and picks us up at 3:45 and drops us off at the church just in time to greet the other sisters before everyone else arrived. *exhale* but thats not all. Post-baptism, we have 3 missed calls and a voicemail from Josh saying we gotta get our car before they close...20 minutes ago. Then comes stealing another ride and running inside to get the keys and receipt, and then BACK to the church to say goodbye to Joseph and fam then home for dinner. What. A. Day.  

but its cool, cause...
JOSEPH WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!! what what?!?! oh yeah. Guess who sobbed almost the entire time? yours truly. Brother Martinez was making jokes about all the missionaries that got to come back for it; we were all there, and we all loved it.

Love ya lots!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. what do you expect to find on small beaches?
w
a
i
t
f
o
r
i
t
.
.
.
Microwaves;)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Hi Girls!!"

HI Friends! So, no I'm not calling you all girls, ANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! and Sister Zollinger and I spent like 20 minutes trying to imitate how she says "girls" cause she's from the Dominican Republic and it sounds great. That's the way she always greets us :) Love her. Her baptism was absolutely wonderful. the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying, and grinning and ahhh it was so powerful.  Some weird things have happened this week. Tuesday at 12:30AM I woke up and started planning for the day, I woke Sister Zollinger and was so urgent about getting it done until she was like "WE'LL PLAN AT 6:30 WHEN WE USUALLY PLAN". yup. Guess I'm Just too excited about all things missionary. whoops.  Margaret is moved out!! Her new apartment isn't in our area, so we have to give her to another set of missionaries :(, but now she can be baptized!! whoo and we can still go to it, holla. Thanksgiving was grand. We went...

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...