Skip to main content

"we need teams of 4!" and lots of "are you the new one?"

Yes, I'm the new one!! Hello, I'm Sister Shuldberg :)

oh, the soundtrack of a new area.  Gotta love it. Today is day 6 in Selah and boy has it been strange. When I was in Terrace Heights, we would spend our Pdays here, so I'm having all sorts of flashbacks. But it has been good. 

We ended our time in Goldendale saying goodbye to a few more people we love and having one more lesson with Steve. He truly is a wonderful man. He's been reading and praying and we read more with him on Tuesday and talked about baptism and he set a goal to quit smoking by Thanksgiving. He's so sweet and sincere in his desire to follow Jesus Christ and knows that the help he receives from the Lord will be crucial in making any changes. and though we had to say goodbye, he told us that he is sure "our spirits will cross paths again" how sweet.

Transfers were CRAZY. and adjusting to a new area has been weird and very fun. It's cool and strange to have another opportunity to tell people all about you and almost reinvent yourself. thankfully, I haven't felt an intense need to change everything, but this gives me another chance to improve even more. Weirdest thing, we went to Walmart(oh how I missed it) on Wednesday to get me some groceries until we could come today and I saw Taleesa Crawford AND Bishop Johnson from the Terrace Heights ward! It was a blast from the past lol. 

So, my new companion is Sister McKnight. She's 24, from Wichita, Kansas, and number 6 out of 8 kids. She wants to be a mental health counselor, and now I feel like I'm writing her dating profile.. lol she's been out almost 4 months and just barely finished her training, but has a super strong testimony and a very unique perspective that is likely going to teach me a lot more than it teaches her. She's also 5'11".. some would argue 6'.. and can reach everything on the top shelf so easily, I love it. no counter climbing for me :)

We're working with some really wonderful people here. and I'm super grateful for them and for the ward. Sister McKnight and I are making a greater effort to help the members to share the gospel with their friends and the other day, at dinner one woman was telling us about the girls she works with and the nervous excitement she had when she decided to follow up with one about something she'd given her was so familiar. I love seeing the light that the Gospel brings to peoples faces. and hopefully, that light will keep growing brighter, its the best light there is :)

I love you all!! 
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. the first quote was when some guy invited Sister McKnight and I to join their Halloween party cause they needed teams of 4 for beer pong and flip cup.. so we gave him a pamphlet :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Hi Girls!!"

HI Friends! So, no I'm not calling you all girls, ANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! and Sister Zollinger and I spent like 20 minutes trying to imitate how she says "girls" cause she's from the Dominican Republic and it sounds great. That's the way she always greets us :) Love her. Her baptism was absolutely wonderful. the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying, and grinning and ahhh it was so powerful.  Some weird things have happened this week. Tuesday at 12:30AM I woke up and started planning for the day, I woke Sister Zollinger and was so urgent about getting it done until she was like "WE'LL PLAN AT 6:30 WHEN WE USUALLY PLAN". yup. Guess I'm Just too excited about all things missionary. whoops.  Margaret is moved out!! Her new apartment isn't in our area, so we have to give her to another set of missionaries :(, but now she can be baptized!! whoo and we can still go to it, holla. Thanksgiving was grand. We went...

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...