Skip to main content

"There's nobody 'cooler' than Sister Missionaries. Pops"

Hey, Hey, Hey!!


We met some amazing people this week. People who have a sincere deep-seated desire to learn more and who trust that we are representatives from God to share with them the truth. Yesterday, we met with a man named Rusty in a members home and it absolutely strengthened my testimony of member missionary work and how much more of a solid foundation that can give to someone looking to learn more. Brother Golding has been talking with Rusty for the last few weeks about his beliefs and sharing with him bits and pieces that he felt prompted to talk about. He then invited Rusty to his home and invited us as well. He basically did half of the How to Begin Teaching points from Preach My Gospel and then turned the time over to us. He had another of Rusty's coworkers there who is also a member and it was a wonderful experience to be a part of.  Essentially, I am so very impressed with his initiative, with the example that he is to the people he works with and to our ward, and, our Bishop has recently put a greater emphasis on helping the members do missionary work, so I'm grateful they have someone who is actively seeking to do it in the ward. And Rusty is amazing! We asked him why he agreed to meet with us, and he said over and over that he wants to learn!  very excited :)

We helped out at the 104th birthday party of Pauline Clayton this week. Sister Wagner told us to be sure to put in our journals that that night "we went back to the 1950s" lol it was a grand ol' time and we had lots of fun being able to be a part of it and get to know the ward more casually. People are so fun! Watching those elderly couples dance to the big band music warmed ma heart.

We helped at a soup kitchen the other day and they sent us home with the leftover cake that we had served, but we didn't want to eat it all.. so we smashed it! and rolled it into balls and covered them in chocolate and sprinkles, and took them to a member :) we dropped and ran while the dogs barked. Haha good times. It's been a good week :)
  
I made an exciting discovery (not new to the world, but new to me) this week as I studied how Jesus Christ demonstrated Charity throughout his ministry. In 1 Nephi 19:9, it reads "And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men." I realized that sometimes I feel as though I am judges to be a thing of naught and I have a desire to prove myself to the world, but Jesus Christ in his charity and love and compassion for the people, suffered all things, so why should I try to prove myself? He could have shown them who he is and His immense power, but there was no need, he was humble and trusting in God. That's something I've decided to try to emulate better: not proving myself to others, but trusting God. Trust His plan friends, its made especially for you.

Much Love!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. the subject line refers to a note that was left in a cooler that MY FATHER dropped at my apartment this week. Yes I was very surprised, but all is well :) and the snacks were very welcome Thanks Pops

1. Sister Glover and I at the 104th birthday party of a woman in our ward.. she didn't attend but we celebrated her life for her :)
2. how far home is from where we ate lunch last Monday
3. With Kaya, 12 year old who just got baptized <3
4. what mi Padre dropped off.. crazy







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends! It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that.  I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learne...