Skip to main content

"one small voice"

Hello hello dearest family and friends, etc

How is life? This week has been FULL of things to share, courtesy of transfers. Unfortunately, many of those things will not be shared today also because of transfers. We gotta go down to The Dalles for groceries. Yep, that's right folks, your dear Sister Shuldberg is now residing in the one and only Goldendale, Washington!! if you recall, this is where she and her companion Sister Fleming went for a baptism in February. Now she will be working with the people she met that day!

Okay, so leaving Ephrata after being there for 6 months was super hard. But transitioning into Goldendale was way smooth because I've met people here already. And I love it and them.  

So, Sister Glover is my new companion. She's from Orem, Utah and "she's fabulous, she likes to exercise, she's lactose intolerant, and she's super fun". That's what she wants you all to know about her. I want you to know that she really is the greatest. She loves the people in Goldendale(affectionately referred to by many as "old and stale") and we already are working really well together. One of my fave things about her is that no matter what is happening or what we may have just been talking about, anytime she says a prayer, she has the softest, most reverent voice. Essentially, she prays like a child in terms of how humble and trusting she is. I love her.

I love you all as well!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. the subject line is from a 6 year old boy teaching us how to sing in sign language and he did those same three words probably 23 times :) best part of that day truthfully.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"He's a good dad"

Hi Friends! Wowee, is there a lot to say. Please excuse the spelling errors. We have an hour to do all letter and email writing and we have to email the Branch President too, so yikes. Too much to say and I'm wasting time explaining.  I dunno where to even start. Announcements:  I will be leaving the MTC on October 10. Please feel free to mail me things at the following address: Sister Karlee Hansen Shuldberg OCT10 WA-YAK 2005 N 900 E Unit 163 Provo, UT 84602 Also, theres these websites called dearelder.com and mtcmissionary.com through which you can send me things too. If its getting closer to my departure date, send it to the mission home in Yakima..I'll add that address next week.  So my district here is super awesome. My companion is Sister Cannell. Shes so understanding, and an amazing listener and I'm learning alot from her. there's us, and Sisters Hatch and Richmond. At first, it was weird to call people Elder and Sister and I often for...

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

"Hi Girls!!"

HI Friends! So, no I'm not calling you all girls, ANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! and Sister Zollinger and I spent like 20 minutes trying to imitate how she says "girls" cause she's from the Dominican Republic and it sounds great. That's the way she always greets us :) Love her. Her baptism was absolutely wonderful. the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying, and grinning and ahhh it was so powerful.  Some weird things have happened this week. Tuesday at 12:30AM I woke up and started planning for the day, I woke Sister Zollinger and was so urgent about getting it done until she was like "WE'LL PLAN AT 6:30 WHEN WE USUALLY PLAN". yup. Guess I'm Just too excited about all things missionary. whoops.  Margaret is moved out!! Her new apartment isn't in our area, so we have to give her to another set of missionaries :(, but now she can be baptized!! whoo and we can still go to it, holla. Thanksgiving was grand. We went...