Skip to main content

"I'm gonna call you hyena"


Hello friends!

So last Monday, we had the best gyros this side of the Atlantic at a Greek Monastery Bakery. It was a blast takin a little trip to Greece for the afternoon :) the bees just loved us lol. 

We visited with Katie this week who was baptized a little over a year ago. We watched Elder Taniela B. Wakolos talk from General Conference "Saving Ordinances Will Bring Us Marvelous Light". It was way impactful. She was able to relate it to her and her husband and the way that they are growing together and then we talked to her boys about reading the scriptures every day and showed them the app so they could. Later she texted us "Hey ladies! I just had to share with you thank you so much for recommending the Bible app... We are on our way to the Dalles to go grocery shopping and Evan brought the phone with him and he is reading to Landon... So so cute 😍🙌 he is so excited about it he was like "mom this is so cool they have quizzes, games, the Bible, you can do so much stuff on here!" 😄" Very cute. Its way cool to see kids eating it up. 

Peg got baptized on Wednesday! I didn't get to go because we wouldn't have been home on time coming back from Ephrata, but I got to skype in. I didn't realize how excited I was for her until I started bawling lol. so much emotion in such little time. Thank goodness for technology so I could be a part of that. 

We had interviews with President Jackman on Saturday. He and his wife are amazing people and they are doing so much good for this mission. Fun fact: President Jackman grew up with the mission president of the Salem Oregon mission, weird huh?

Also,.. *drumroll please* WES CAME TOP CHURCH YESTERDAY!! and he already knew some people. He really liked it and had to leave early but he didn't want to :) love that kid. 

I love y'all lots!!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. quote I heard this morning "I have so much to be grateful for, that it would be disrespectful to God if I wasn't happy" words to live by. That's all, folks. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends! It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that.  I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learne...