Skip to main content

Hello All!!

Hello All!!

okay, so about 3 or 4 times every transfer, we meet for District Council and we talk about the people we are meeting with and how we can help them, we learn from each other and share insights from our studies. This last District Council, we were setting some goals as a district(because missionaries like goals) and it was awesome. The spirit was very strong and I think that was the best goal setting I have ever been a part of, the most inspired and the most reflective as well. We really got into how we can improve and reach our goals this next month and it really hit me personally of what things I need to sacrifice in order to be prepared to receive miracles in this area. It showed me too how much of a reality it is that the Lord of the harvest sends us miracles. No amount of work that we do will ever result in someone entering the waters of baptism without His say so. I reflected, and realized that every person that taught who ended up getting baptized was literally handed to us wrapped with a bow on a silver platter. But when they were, we were working our hardest to do all we needed to. Very good things to be reminded of. 

We taught Wes the 15 step program this week, very exciting. I've taught it a couple of times, but I have never felt more confidence in someone to be able to quit smoking than I have in him. 

DARIEN GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!! And I got to video call in to watch. The baptism was wonderful, I'm so grateful we have technology so that I could be a part of it from all the way down in Goldendale. We watched it with Nancy, and she really enjoyed it. I think she felt the reminder that she needs to be baptized, and she wants to, but it was cool for the Spirit to remind her instead of us. 


I love you lots!!
Sister Shuldberg 

p.s. a random guy while we were tracting told me my eyes change color and because of that I was "on his mind now" *shudder* not down
p.p.s. we went to the fair and had donuts and I found my initials in a brand and Carsons!
p.p.p.s lots of wild turkeys around here y'all












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Hi Girls!!"

HI Friends! So, no I'm not calling you all girls, ANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! and Sister Zollinger and I spent like 20 minutes trying to imitate how she says "girls" cause she's from the Dominican Republic and it sounds great. That's the way she always greets us :) Love her. Her baptism was absolutely wonderful. the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying, and grinning and ahhh it was so powerful.  Some weird things have happened this week. Tuesday at 12:30AM I woke up and started planning for the day, I woke Sister Zollinger and was so urgent about getting it done until she was like "WE'LL PLAN AT 6:30 WHEN WE USUALLY PLAN". yup. Guess I'm Just too excited about all things missionary. whoops.  Margaret is moved out!! Her new apartment isn't in our area, so we have to give her to another set of missionaries :(, but now she can be baptized!! whoo and we can still go to it, holla. Thanksgiving was grand. We went...

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...