Skip to main content

"She believes in Christ, I believe in Thor" -some man we met tracting

Hey Hey!

Lots to share! bear with me...

So, Tuesday, we as a group decided to enter into a contract to eat better, exercise more consistently, etc. I drew it up and we signed it Wednesday night. Its nuts, but its kind of fun too, the problem is a lot of the exercise parts I am currently unable to participate in :(

On Thursday, we had the SICKEST NIGHT EVER. As part of the contract, we have to drink at least 3 bottles of water each day and we were doing really well, but Thursday is a walking day for us, which makes it difficult to always have a place to use the restroom when needed. At this point in the evening, we were DYING. But we sucked it up and knocked on the door where we had an appointment, but Gilbert wasn't home :( very frustrating, but we decided to knock the doors around his house and then go find a member to beg for access to their facilities. the next door neighbor opened the door, asked if we were the Mormons and invited us right in! she told us that we had come at the perfect time because that day she had been talking to her friend at work about how she could get a Book of Mormon because hers was packed away from moving. She said that she needed more of God in her life and she believed we could help her get that. She feels that this is "150% right" and shes amazing. When we left (after Glenda, miracle that she is, let us use her bathroom) we saw Gilbert was home, so we went and had a fantastic lesson with him and invited him to be baptized on July 7th! AHHH, so exciting! He is so sincere and has the strongest desire I've seen to be a Christlike person each day. 

Also, on Saturday we were tracting and we knocked on this one door and the lady kept shouting "come in!", but we wanted her to know who she was inviting in, so we opened the door so she could see and her dog kept running towards us trying to get out, so we were trying to keep him in and talk to her. Well, we got caught up in the conversation and he ran out and she was like, don't let him go too far, and we turned to look and he's down the street making friends, so we're like "oh hes just right here", and I back away(on my scooter mind you,) to chase him down, and he keeps running, so I'm zooming down the street on my scooter to catch him and I finally go to pick him up and he starts peeing, uh nope. So I wait, and finally snatch him and hold him with one arm while I scooter back like a knight in a floral dress, I felt very accomplished having saved the puppy from certain doom. 

I love this gospel, I love being a missionary, and I love the changes that I've been privileged to see in so many people all around me. and I love Jesus Christ, I've truly felt that He has become my best friend and that He is with me each and every day. He knows us, He loves us, and He walks with us.  

I love you all!!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. freaking out, cause I hit my halfway mark this week... its strange
p.p.s. For the next 9 months, I've decided I'm going to work on a Christlike attribute each month. It's only been a few days and I've already seen a radical difference. I invite each of you to consider a way you can be more like Christ and give it a shot, it'll invite His spirit more into your life and bring more fulfilling and lasting joy.

Pictures:

1. here's the sunset I promised last week and failed to come through with
2. for part of our contract we have to do burpees before breakfast, so I document the sisters, because I am currently unable.
3. these are the Murrays and this is what dinner at their house looks like
4.&5. the contract
6. Ephrata's favorite missionaries










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Hi Girls!!"

HI Friends! So, no I'm not calling you all girls, ANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! and Sister Zollinger and I spent like 20 minutes trying to imitate how she says "girls" cause she's from the Dominican Republic and it sounds great. That's the way she always greets us :) Love her. Her baptism was absolutely wonderful. the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying, and grinning and ahhh it was so powerful.  Some weird things have happened this week. Tuesday at 12:30AM I woke up and started planning for the day, I woke Sister Zollinger and was so urgent about getting it done until she was like "WE'LL PLAN AT 6:30 WHEN WE USUALLY PLAN". yup. Guess I'm Just too excited about all things missionary. whoops.  Margaret is moved out!! Her new apartment isn't in our area, so we have to give her to another set of missionaries :(, but now she can be baptized!! whoo and we can still go to it, holla. Thanksgiving was grand. We went...