Skip to main content

"Have a fantastic forever!"

Hi All!!

What to share..what to share..

We'll start with a mini miracle that was sent to me. On Wednesday, we were ending our day by trying by someone the missionaries before us used to meet with, whose daughter is friends with Scarlet. We got out of the car and saw a man walking his dog, so we casually chatted a little and he said he'd found a four-leaf clover! Naturally intrigued, I hopped over to see and he offered it to me, saying it would give me good luck for my ankle. Best part: I waved good bye and wished him a good night, and he wished me a "fantastic forever". Heart=warmed.

 Okay, so we met with walls this week, and he's  bit of a "crumbum" in his words, not mine lol, but in his prayer that he said he said that he was grateful we were there to "pound something" into his "stupid head". It was kind of great. We watched Joaquin Costa's talk "To the Friends and Investigators of the Church" and it was amazing. God wanted him to hear that talk, it hit a switch and he realized that he was the only thing standing in the way of receiving so many blessings. 

We said goodbye to President and Sister Lewis on Thursday, very sad, but Zone Conference was still way fun. I got to see all of my past companions which was way fun(and easy considering I live with 3 of the 5) and got a truckload of comments on my scooter haha its getting to the point where it would be weird to see me walk lol. 

Additional hilarity: we went by Gilbert and met his cousins who apparently only speak Spanish so we tried to communicate with them via our minimal abilities and Google Translate, but it was not working and they spent the entirety of our conversation laughing at us. But its okay, we were laughing too. Much respect to anyone called to speak a language other than their native one. 

Love you lots!! Te Quiero Mucho! (don't judge my spelling or grammar if that's totally wrong)
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. New life motto, courtesy of my favorite old man in Ephrata "ain't nothin' to it but to do it"

Pics:
1,2,&3: we did the closest thing to camping that we could and built a fort on the balcony and slept in it :) we got to see the stars as we camped, it was grand
4: best quality picture we took all week 👍







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Hi Girls!!"

HI Friends! So, no I'm not calling you all girls, ANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! and Sister Zollinger and I spent like 20 minutes trying to imitate how she says "girls" cause she's from the Dominican Republic and it sounds great. That's the way she always greets us :) Love her. Her baptism was absolutely wonderful. the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying, and grinning and ahhh it was so powerful.  Some weird things have happened this week. Tuesday at 12:30AM I woke up and started planning for the day, I woke Sister Zollinger and was so urgent about getting it done until she was like "WE'LL PLAN AT 6:30 WHEN WE USUALLY PLAN". yup. Guess I'm Just too excited about all things missionary. whoops.  Margaret is moved out!! Her new apartment isn't in our area, so we have to give her to another set of missionaries :(, but now she can be baptized!! whoo and we can still go to it, holla. Thanksgiving was grand. We went...