Skip to main content

Catholic Mormons, Book of Mormon fans, and 240 lbs later, still moving

Okay, all the funny stories first:

Last Monday, we were having a lesson with TJ. He's 9 and is SO EXCITED to be baptized. It's seriously the cutest thing how much he already loves the Book of Mormon and the answers that he is getting. But in our lesson, his 7 year old brother Trenton likes to take over if he can, so we asked him if he reads the Book of Mormon and TJ goes, "uh, he's not a Book of Mormon fan" lol. and Later, Trenton started talking about his imaginary friends to which TJ says "Trenton, you're too old to have imaginary friends." haha those kids are the coolest kids on the block for sure. 

We met a woman while tracting who told us that she's a Catholic Mormon because of her mom/son and going to church with the both of them lol. she's hilarious, and we're going to read the Book of Mormon with her :)

Wednesday, our AC broke and our apartment was SOO hot and muggy, so we all slept outside on the balcony and in the wee hours of the morning, a fight broke out in the parking lot of our apartment complex... I thought those cats were gonna kill each other, it was NUTS. 

Saturday, we were walking/I was struggling on CRUTCHES(the doc cleared me to start walking again! no more Sister Wheel-along!) and we were talking to a woman and mid-conversation she goes, "I'm gonna pray for you" says a super short prayer for us and then almost ran away. I've never seen someone use that as an escape strategy, but I'm putting it in my arsenal for sure.

Later on Saturday, there were some people moving things and Sister Wilcox called out "what are you up to?" and he goes "about 240 lbs!" so she tried again, "Are you moving something?" and he hollered "sometimes, I mostly just sit around, but I move occasionally" haha I love crazy old men.

Speaking of crazy, old men, Walls is my favorite old man I've met on my mission(and for some reason, there are a lot in Ephrata). He hasn't come to church since he met missionaries, like years ago, but on Friday we had a church tour with him, and we sang a hymn in the chapel and he said "I was feeling kinda bummed, but after singing one verse, I feel lighter." He's so sweet, and he truly wants to make changes to improve his life and be worthy to be baptized. Warms ma heart, y'all.

We were on Facebook, messaging Ana, Jutta's daughter, and saw a post by Tiffany about how she was having a hard time and struggling to look past it. We were able to message her and talk about how listening to the scriptures helps us. The best part was we had this convo about our favorite chapters and it really felt like we were all friends discussing something super important to us, which was amazing to build that relationship with her.

Also, Tiffany's lesson, we talked about the plan of salvation and it really touched her heart. She told us how talking about seeing her family again always pulled a heart-string. The Spirit was so strong and I don't know if she realized it, but answers were given that day, I'm sure of it. 

I love you, random citizens!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. will someone please make a list of all the good movies I miss? we drive past the movie theater almost everyday and they all look so intriguing! help!

1. we did pottery last week at a members house, I apparently am making a mug, we'll see if it stays that way lol.
2. check this out! look em up y'all, its super interesting
3. we bought cherries from a roadside stand ❤
4. this is what happens when you aren't allowed to walk on one of your feet for 2 months.. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends! It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that.  I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learne...