Skip to main content

"You're better than a bunny"

Hi all!

What a week, 

okay, so first things first, the subject line is in reference to Sister Wilcox. In addition to the crutching and scootering that I've gradually become accustomed to, I do a lot of hopping, and I've gotten pretty quick(and fairly graceful...except when I trip on the stairs lol) about it, so yay!

Alrighty, super cool experience happened this week, but first, backstory. A couple of weeks ago, I was looking through some papers we had and I saw mention of someone named Olivia who has essentially told the missionaries that she wanted to join the church. The weird thing was there was no mention of her anywhere else, that I could find. I dragged Sister Jensen to the street where she lived so many times trying to find her house, but the house number 1123 didn't exist! Oh, so frustrating. Then, this last Thursday, we got a text from the Spanish-speaking missionaries about a girl named Olivia who said we could come by..who lived at 1223! It was the girl!!! I was psyched, like jumping up and down psyched..almost, let's not get too crazy, jumping is what got me in my situation. Anywho, we went by that afternoon and met Todd and Crissy, the cutest little 7 year-old in town, and talked to them and set up a time we could come back, it was great, but I was kinda bummed that we hadn't met Olivia. So we went on with our day, and we were getting gas and we ran into Todd and Crissy again! kinda weird haha but it was cool. At the end of the day, we had about 45 minutes left and didn't really know where we were needed, so we said a prayer and then felt like we should go by someone who happened to live on that same street, we did and ran into Crissy for the third time! (I was feeling super awkward at this point, like no we aren't stalking you promise, we're just really good at faking it). but she told us Olivia was home, so we went over and set a time to meet with her and got her correct phone number and I was way excited because she is seriously amazing. *sigh* blessings.

That was probably my favorite thing this week, as well as seeing how when our minds and our hearts are truly open to it, the Spirit will direct us in all that we do. It's truly amazing.

In my studies this week I came across the verse 3 Nephi 12:16 "Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

I've read that so many times in 3 Nephi and in Matthew, but when I read it the other day, the thought came to mind how we are all given the Light of Christ to know good from evil and right from wrong and when we let that light shine, we're driven to perform good works and it spreads that light to others to allow them to use the Light of Christ within them to do good works as well. It's like having a torch and if you share it everyone's torch can grow brighter. Let your light shine and listen to the Spirit to know how you can do so. It's simple and its effects are long lasting. I love the way the spirit can direct us and how you can look back and see Gods hand in your life if you look for it. I know He's is watching over each one of you and He loves you individually.

I love you as well!

Sister Shuldberg

p.s. pray for me that I don't trip down someones front steps this week? lol it's my destiny it feels like

Pics: 
1. Crissy
2. Walls :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends! It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that.  I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learne...