Skip to main content

we forgot how to use smartphones... ruh roh raggy

Hi Friends!

crazy, hectic, eventful week. such is life.
We set lots of goals this week to, and we're doing well. I don't want to just send a bunch of vague, semi-optimistic phrases, so here's a specific event:

We saw the coolest miracle yesterday because of technology + the Spirit. When we got our phones set up on Friday, there was record of two people of whom we had never heard of, and likely wouldn't have for awhile without ABP. so last night, our plans had fallen through and we were trying to figure out what to do/where to go and Sister Jensen(genius that she is in listening to promptings) suggests that we go by these people, I felt good about it, so off we went in search of their house. We knocked and the woman stepped out and talked about her previous interactions with the missionaries and her previous experiences with church and what caused her to stop attending church. We talked about the Book of Mormon and receiving an answer for herself and she told us how uncomfortable it his for her to just go up to a random church and join them. So we're going to give her a church tour on Thursday! :) bippity-bioppity-boo just like that! And without knowing about her, we probably would've gone tracting or something. Thank goodness we met her.

I love you all!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. We're officially technology missionaries, so keep an eye out for my face on FB!! ahh, crazy!

p.p.s I made lots of animal friends this week. In one of the pictures, Sister Jensen and I are holding teeny tiny baby hamsters, then I put one on my shoulder, cause it kept trying to go up my arm, so why not? then it jumped off my shoulder and I have a bunch of blurry photos of us scrambling to find it under the chair that Jutta took as she laughed hysterically. yup. :D







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends! It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that.  I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learne...