Skip to main content

"I can see Jesus in your eyes"

Hi Friends!!

JUTTA WAS BAPTIZED THIS WEEKEND! Sorry for using my outside voice, but I am so thrilled! She is absolutely incredible, and she's setting a wonderful example for her family(which is already rubbing off, her husband John came to church the day she was confirmed and her daughter Scarlet wants to meet with us!) oh, the miracles that conversion can bring. Sister Jensen and I spoke and neither of us were super duper prepared to stand up and speak, but the Spirit is the MVP and saved the day, like usual.


In other news, we were tracting one day and came upon a woman hardcore weeding a flowerbed so we stopped to help and ended up spending an extended amount of time with her as we ripped up all sorts of plants and dug up irises with our hands. We were able to get to know her a lot better that way and she talked about her conversion and the missionaries that met with her over the course of 5 years (LA, yup!) and how she'd stopped attending church when she remarried, but then asked us when and where church was so she could come :) My favorite part was the next day, we were tracting in the same area and we were talking with a man and he said he'd seen us the day before helping Jeanette do yard work and he was so impressed. I will forever be grateful for the impulse to help that my mission has instilled in me, and the light that one simple act can spread. I sincerely hope that my eyes will continue to be searching for opportunities to serve throughout the rest of my life. Its so fulfilling, and without us even realizing it, it touched Gary's heart so he would listen to us when we knocked on his door the next day. 

so much to say, so little time, the synopsis is as follows:


Being a missionary is the BEST, 10 out of 10, would recommend. 

Much Love,

Sister Shuldberg

p.s. the subject line is a quote from a man we me tracting

p.p.s. also while tracting that same day, a man opened his door and I said "Hi!" and he goes "Not yet, but I'm fixin' to get high" lol not a good thing, but I was amused



Pictures are:

1. my brute strength with which I tore up weeds obviously

2. the beauty of making promises with Heavenly Father

3. we painted a garage, ... no comment lol






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends! It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that.  I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learne...