Skip to main content

General Conference and Singing to Stoners

Hey Hey Hey!

How goes it?
Ephrata is doing well, couple announcements before we begin:

1. Conference was phenomenal, if you didn't watch it, go do so now. One of my particular favorites was given Lynn G Robbins and I highly recommend it to anyone who has ever lived or breathed, especially to those who have done both.
2. We just got a car! The Elders in Quincy sideswiped their car so its going into the shop to get fixed mid-April. Said shop is in Ephrata, so we get to use the car until it needs to go in! what what! 




Jutta is being baptized and confirmed this weekend! Its way exciting, she's absolutely thrilled. She met the elders the other day and as introduction she said "I'm Jutta, I'm getting baptized April 7th". isn't that the greatest? We watched conference with her, and she loved it! ah, she's amazing!





We saw lots of little miracles this week, one of them being that we found a new investigator at approx 8:45 last night. We went by Jeff cause he told us evenings works and its so hard trying by people that late, he opened the door and was like "i'd let you in, but these guys are smoking pot and they're drunk" very considerate to not want us enveloped in that, but we talked to him for a bit and then one of the self- proclaimed "potheads" asked us to sing him a song. We thought, why not so we sang them the first verse of "Nearer My God To Thee" and said a prayer with them. Michael, the one who asked for a song, made us hold their hands while we prayed ("you have to") and when we closed the prayer, he started his own prayer and thanked God for sending us to him and said that we had blessed his life, etc. It was sweet. Kind of a strange occurrence, but we have an appointment with Jeff, the sober one, next week, so win-win right?





this is a corgi we met driving out in Soap Lake, we met a lot of dogs this week :) good times

More pictures to come cause we took a billion lol

Much Love!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. we had dinner with a member this week and played Zombies and Survivors with their 7 y/o. I was dubbed a zombie and may I say made it fairly realistic. My ankle was not happy with my running and falling, but it was a good time.  

Love you all!







this is the epitome of our relationship lol, shes a dork and I laugh  A LOT













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Hi Girls!!"

HI Friends! So, no I'm not calling you all girls, ANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! and Sister Zollinger and I spent like 20 minutes trying to imitate how she says "girls" cause she's from the Dominican Republic and it sounds great. That's the way she always greets us :) Love her. Her baptism was absolutely wonderful. the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying, and grinning and ahhh it was so powerful.  Some weird things have happened this week. Tuesday at 12:30AM I woke up and started planning for the day, I woke Sister Zollinger and was so urgent about getting it done until she was like "WE'LL PLAN AT 6:30 WHEN WE USUALLY PLAN". yup. Guess I'm Just too excited about all things missionary. whoops.  Margaret is moved out!! Her new apartment isn't in our area, so we have to give her to another set of missionaries :(, but now she can be baptized!! whoo and we can still go to it, holla. Thanksgiving was grand. We went...

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...