Skip to main content

1 Nephi 11:17. read it. fav scripture of the week.

Hi Friends!

So, I have news... I'm leaving Terrace Heights :( Gotta say goodbye to Sister Fleming and the place that is, to be honest, more home than Salem. Well, I know how to get around better here haha. BUT I'm going to a place called Ephrata. I know nothing about it except that there's a Walmart and "if you sneeze, you'll miss it" according to Angela. I'll be with Sister Jensen, and have no info about her either, so stay tuned for next week :)

We saw miracle after miracle this week, thank goodness, 'cause I hadn't felt like much was coming from #FeedtheFifty, especially after hearing others' stories. My favorite was something that happened Tuesday. I loved it because it took time to culminate into a miracle, and it showed how the Lord really is directing each and every instance, more easily if we choose to heed the promptings of the Spirit. So, that morning we went, like usual, to the church for exercise. A man showed up to do some sort of maintenance, so we left and decided that we still wanted to run, so we'd just run outside(in the freezing cold). We ran up through the neighborhood next to the church and just randomly(so we thought) zigzagged down the streets. Later we both mentioned to each other that while we'd been running we'd thought that we should tract up there, so we did! and our LAST house was a man who had previously read the Book of Mormon(at least some of it) and told us there was nothing in it that he didn't agree with. We were floored, and soaring at the same time. And all because some man came to work on the church early in the morning. Thank goodness for him. 

We got to go to a baptism in Goldendale on Saturday! It was incredible. If we'd stayed on the freeway a little longer, I probably could've gotten us to the my parents house haha. 

Adam, my nephew, sent me his Flat Stanley this week to take around, he is an honorary missionary and everyone has loved him. :) 

So much else happened, but I have 12 tons of other things to do before I'm transferred... farewell!

Much Love
Sister Shuldberg










the only boy in Relief Society














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Hi Girls!!"

HI Friends! So, no I'm not calling you all girls, ANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! and Sister Zollinger and I spent like 20 minutes trying to imitate how she says "girls" cause she's from the Dominican Republic and it sounds great. That's the way she always greets us :) Love her. Her baptism was absolutely wonderful. the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying, and grinning and ahhh it was so powerful.  Some weird things have happened this week. Tuesday at 12:30AM I woke up and started planning for the day, I woke Sister Zollinger and was so urgent about getting it done until she was like "WE'LL PLAN AT 6:30 WHEN WE USUALLY PLAN". yup. Guess I'm Just too excited about all things missionary. whoops.  Margaret is moved out!! Her new apartment isn't in our area, so we have to give her to another set of missionaries :(, but now she can be baptized!! whoo and we can still go to it, holla. Thanksgiving was grand. We went...

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...