Skip to main content

He is a God of Miracles




Hi Friends!

So.... Sister Zollinger is being transferred to Wenatchee, like forever away. going to miss her so much, but Terrace Heights is seriously on fire. 

We saw so many miracles this week! The other day, Sister Zollinger remembered how President Lewis once said to ask Less Actives if we could practice lessons on them because lots of times they don't feel like they need lessons but its a way to help them feel the Spirit, so we figured we'd give it a shot. IT TOTALLY WORKED. We taught the Plan of Salvation to a less active elderly couple who hadn't been to church in a few years and halfway through the lesson, Sister Weldon was crying so hard that she couldn't read the scripture we gave her. It was so powerful to see the change in their countenance as we talked and afterward (and since) Brother Weldon has thanked us profusely for coming over. Its a really good feeling to be able to see people open their hearts to the Spirit. We also "practiced" the Gospel of Jesus Christ on Virginia, who is also a Less Active and she hasn't even stepped foot in a church since 1997. When we asked her to come to church, she told us that since we'd been coming over she was seeing what she'd been missing and knew she needed to come back, regardless of how her husband feels (he's not a member). She came to church yesterday at 8:30, and was there early, and stayed the entire time. She was so glad to be there and there was a major change in her since the week before. so grateful to President for the suggestion and that sister Zollinger was listening. 

In connection with that, this week, I've been studying a lot about how god is unchanging and if he was a God of miracles then, why can't he be a God of Miracles now?. I testify that Heavenly Father is a God of Miracles. We saw so many this week, and more are coming. we can expect miracles according to our faith and its crazy to see that actually happening when you open your eyes to it.

In other news, we did a lot of walking this week, which was totally rough, but it was a grand ol' time and being physically exhausted by the end of day really makes you feel like you did a lot.  

I feel that I've grown a lot this week, and the best part is, even though I know there's so much farther to go, I feel ready to work at it because of those on my side :) 

Okay, well, I thought I had more to share, but nothing else is coming to mind, so..

I love you all!
Sister Shuldberg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends! It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that.  I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learne...