Skip to main content

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends!

It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that. 




I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learned from her. I think my favorite thing so far is how real the phrase "Laughter is the best medicine" really is. It's so easy to get frustrated and downtrodden, but She is always so cheerful and laughs at like everything. If she feels like its been too long since we laughed she'll just do something to try to make me laugh. I actually found it a little irritating at first cause I felt like she wasn't taking things seriously, but I've grown to appreciate more and more the ability I have to laugh and the power that has to change my perspective. :D

Another thing I love (but this is also something I hate) is getting to see the Spirit in people's lives. I hate it because so often people won't realize that its the Spirit and it breaks your heart to know the answer, but to also know they need to see it for themselves. (I've gained a lot more respect for parents having to let their kids learn lessons for themselves, sorry if I ever made you feel this way Mom and Dad.. love you!) We saw it a lot this week, and it makes me want to grab them by the shoulders and shake them like "that's the Spirit! don't you get it? come on already!" But, no worries, I am a kind, loving, nonviolent sister missionary. :) 

We had a scripture study with Rose who is so so so giving. she's always giving people whatever she can and praying to know how she can serve anyone and everyone. She's super in tune with the Spirit like all the time and sometimes she'll just give you words of wisdom to think about as a parting gift. when I hugged her goodbye, she looked at me and just said "doubt not, doubt not". It's something I've been trying to work on for the least couple weeks. Kevin J. Worthen and Tad R. Callister both gave amazing talks title "Fear Not" and I keep getting reminded that that's what I need to do. 

So I invite you all to do the same, fear not and laugh a little more. 

Much Love!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. in regards to the subject.. there's a song about the commandments that says that line and as I studied Matthew this week, I came across that part and was reminded that one of the best ways to show God that we love him, is to trust him and doubt not :)

p.p.s. Sister Zollinger and I are writing a rap about the Plan of Salvation, so stay tuned... it may turn into a poem cause we don't really rap...

p.p.p.s. one of the members nonmember husband is an artist and he painted temples for us <3 can you guess which one it is? 

p.p.p.p.s. (I know, I gotta learn to remember what I want to share IN the email) peoples hearts are being softened and the Lord could use all our help in gathering His sheep, so Light their world! It makes yours brighter too :) <3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...