Skip to main content

#whywouldyoudothat

Hi Friends!

 Okay, so I know that missions are supposed to be hard (and don't get too crazy, it's still hard) but it's way fun too! All these different people warning me that it would be so hard and all that got me super worried, but I LOVE it. there's something hard everyday, but there are MIRACLES everyday too, it's crazy. 

We have so many Investigators that are doing so well and it baffles my mind to see their progress. It's truly isn't because of us. We're obedient and do our best to listen to the Spirit. EVERYTHING else is out of our hands.

The highlight of this week was Ana, who I mentioned last week. Her baptismal date is set for November 25th and she's practically adopted us, she told us that God sent us to her and she's keeping us, sorry mom. :/ She's got such an affect on all the people that she meets too, She's gonna be the means of so many people coming closer to Christ, I can feel it. 

We've got so many parents in Terrace Heights, it's hilarious. Ana is our mom, A less active and her husband are our parents(Jim told us he gets to vet our boyfriends even), Kim and Marie are our grandparents, and Brother and sister Jenkins are our grandparents (Sister Jenkins has an extra room for us to stay in when we come back to visit too! :))

We went to a baptism on Saturday! And because it got leaked that I can play piano, Elder hunt asked me to play. It was my first time attending a baptism as a missionary (and Ana came!) and it was such a different experience. Each day something happens that makes me feel more and more like Sister Shuldberg and less like just Karlee. What's funny too is that when I sign something or have to write my name I almost always start writing Sister Shuldberg instead of Karlee Shuldberg. such is life as a missionary :). 

Also, I've discovered that it takes me about 5 weeks to start getting irritated at my companion, lol. It's what happens when you literally spend 24/7 with someone raised differently than you. But no worries, I love her more than anything that is bothersome, and we're having a blast in T-Heights.

Alright, miracle moment. Bryan is an investigator who is a self-proclaimed atheist and we were trying to get him to pray. On Saturday, they found out that we might not get to g o over there anymore cause of some issues with his dad and their landlord, so he went back over to talk to his dad again and said a prayer(!!) just before walking in the house and it all worked out and he was so confident that that was an answer to his prayer (cause it was). EVERYONE, Heavenly Father does hear your prayers and always answers them, trust in that <3

Much Love!
Sister Shuldberg

p.s. the subject is cause Sister Zollinger scared me when I fell asleep during personal study one day and I just looked at her and very angrily (and sleepily) said "why would you do that." and now she won't stop mocking me

p.p.s. I held a baby! I know, I know, there's no coming back from it lol. We were making cookies with Ana and apparently I wasn't mixing it right, so she practically threw the baby at me and let go, I couldn't just drop a 2 month old! (It was kinda wonderful tbh). 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Heyo! So this email is prolly gonna be just as harebrained as the last one 'cause I'm still working out the kinks of timing and putting my thoughts in order. So, this is my last Pday in the MTC.. we leave at 230AM next Tuesday, I don't know what that'll mean for emails but there will be another eventually, no worries. Couple things, actually a bunch of things: 1: Sister Cannell drinks chocolate milk WITH ICE. I know weird, but I've decided to be the bigger person and look past it(that's a joke, I love her, it's hard not being able to put a little bit of sarcasm in my emails) 2: Anyone and everyone, please feel free to write/email me, I love hearing about like anything right now haha 3: Role playing is a total blessing, Sister Cannell is pretty shy and it's really helped her come out of her shell a bunch plus it helps to keep me from rambling like I do. 4: Speaking of my rambling, we watched this Elder Holland talk about opening your mou...

Kind of a walking area...

Hi friends! So I don't actually know how to condense everything that I want to share into a feasible email, so just a disclaimer: I totally don't expect you to read all of this. It's a heck of a lot of information. SOO... We got to go to the temple on Tuesday! As a mission we get to go once every six months, usually in October and April. Our zone all went together to the Columbia River temple, which is way tiny, but it was so wonderful. After a crazy week of so much new and nothing familiar, the temple was way nice to get to recuperate a little.  Wednesday was really chill. We got to brush horses which I loved. they are so calm, at least the ones Sue lets us brush, and it's nice to do something that doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. Sue, the owner of the ranch we went to is so loving and she's kinda hilarious too. She calls us her missionaries or her sisters and says a prayer with us every time we come.  Thursday.. we got Margaret back on d...

"Love God with all your heart.."

Hi Friends! It has been a week. dang.  We got to do a whole lot of service this week which was really fun. It's kinda wonderful to get to think all about someone else even for just an hour. I do a heck of a lot of thinking in a day, so I need a break sometimes and service is the way to do it. The great thing is, if you're doing it right, more than just the service projects feel like service, practically all we do as missionaries is serve, so I get to think about others all the time! yay! One of the things we got to do was go brush horses at Hart Ranch. Sue Hart, the owner, is super sweet and she gave us those gloves as a Christmas gift and we're going back this week to help her put up all her Christmas stuff cause she's getting kinda old, plus we love to do that.  I'm coming up on 3 months and since Sister Zollinger is very likely going to be leaving Terrace Heights at the end of this transfer, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learne...